A Dream?

“Xavier-“I said breathlessly in a whisper after our small kiss. The thing that left me breathless was that how such a small movement ignited a flame of happiness and passion inside me. I felt as though every problem in my life was so simple and that nothing could harm me while my hands were entangled in his hair. With every second passed in his arms, something deep inside me was awaken telling me to be his everything, and at this moment, I couldn’t agree more.

“Say it again.” I heard him say in a husky tone that effectively brought small shivers to trail down my spine.

I closed my eyes even tighter together and whispered ‘Xavier. The more I thought of the name, the smoother it rolled off of my tongue. I soon found myself purring his name inside my mind making me become antsy to hear the man in front of me to speak mine.

“Perfect.” I heard him whisper, more to himself. His hands gripped my hips and pulled me closer to his abdomen making me lightly place my hands broad shoulders to keep myself steady.

“Your turn.” I said in a hushed tone to him.

“What do mean?” I heard him said with confusion clear in his quiet voice.

“Say my name now. I need you to say it.” I said as he placed his forehead to mine. I could feel his breath come out in puffs on my lips showing me just how close he really was to me.

“Scarlett” He said simply making my heart skip a beat or two. When he spoke his lips grazed mine so quickly that I couldn’t even truly enjoy his soft lips.

“Now that is perfect.” I said with a small smile playing on my lips. I could hear his slight chuckle come past his lips as I spoke making my grin to widen. I was happy he couldn’t see me right now, or he would have been freaked out by my giddiness.

“Scarlett!” I heard a voice say, that didn’t belong to my sweet mate, but to someone else.

“Xavier?” I asked as I felt his grasp loosen around hips.

“Scarlett, get up!” I heard as my eyes popped open and I shot up in the upright position in my bed to realize my surroundings. I was in my room and Jace stood in front of me with a confused look on his face. Was this all a dream? What the hell is happening?

“What were you dreaming about? You kept puckering your lips and it was freaking me out.” I heard Jace say to me in a laugh.

“What the fuck?” I said as I swung my legs over the other side of the bed. “No, no, no! What the hell is going on?” I said loudly, louder than I wanted.

“What’s wrong?” Jace said as he rested a hand on my shoulder.

“What’s the last thing that happened?” I asked as I looked a very confused look on his face.

“You talked to Xavier then fell asleep. End of story. Why?” He asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

“I just- I need to go see Mr. Burns.” I said as I stood up and slid on some bunny slippers that were placed by my bed.

Jace followed me out the bedroom door and down the hallway. “Are you ok?” I heard him say behind me.

“Yeah.” I said as I reached for the front door I felt some cold liquid run out of my nose. I reached my hand back and placed my hand on my nose and brought it back to my view. “Fucking nose bleeds.” I said aloud and walked over to the coffee table where some tissues were placed.

“Oh you’re not going anywhere with a nose bleed. Do you remember what happens after the nose bleeds? You bleed out of your eyes, and then you pass out. I will not let you leave in a condition like that. I will call Mr. Burns and have him come over here to see you, not the other way around.” He said acting the father he will be.

“Calm down dad, I feel fine. Just let me go and” I said but was pushed back by Jace onto the couch, effectively blocking me from the front door.

“No you are not. I refuse. Now shut up while I talk to him.” He said forcefully making me huff quietly to myself.

“Hello-yeah this is about Scarlett-could you come down here-she said she needs to talk to you-I don’t know what it is about but I am sure it is important-ok thanks-that sounds great-see you in a few.” I heard Jace say as I eavesdropped on the one-sided conversation.

“He will be here in a few. He is getting Aaron to watch over the store while he comes here.” He said making me smile in remembrance.

“Aaron is here?” I said with a bright smile taking over my features, but I stopped when I noticed the nose bleed only increased.

“Yeah, do you know him?” He asked as he sat down on the chair diagonal from me.

“I matched a mate up with him.” I said simply as I leaned my head back and towards the ceiling.

“Oh, it’s that Aaron. Now I understand.” He said with a slight laugh. “Do you like setting up couples?” He said in a more serious tone.

“Yeah, I really do. Why?” I asked as I looked at him from the corner of my eyes.

“Just wondering.” He said simply as we heard the knocking on the front door.

“Come in!” I yelled as I stay seated.

“Won’t even walk your guest in, so nice of you.” I heard Mr. Burns say as he entered the room. “I need to talk to you.” I said as I brought my head back to his instead of toward the ceiling.

“Sure, but I am pretty sure you want to go more private with what I saw in the dream.” He said with a slight smile.

“How do you know about that?” I said as I leaded him toward my room.

“Everything I said in the dream is true, dreams are very real Scarlett.” He said as he plopped down on the desk chair, and I on the bed.

“Really? So everything that happened in the dream was real like what you said?” I asked with my eyes widened.

“Pretty much.” He said as he leaned back in his chair.

“Does he know about it too?” I asked with a small hopeful smile.

“Of course he does. He had a say in what things happened as much as you did, as did I.” Mr. Burns said simply as if it was the stupidest thing in the world.

“What about the nose bleed?” I asked curiously. I don’t usually ever get nose bleeds, well then again, everything has changed since I got this gift.

“It happens when you over exert yourself in your dreams. They usually go away after you have done it for longer, but they will eventually go away with time. Don’t worry about those.” He said with a sigh as he leaned back in his seat.

“How is Aaron?” I asked curiously. If he is back and working, he surely must had luck with the lady.

“He was just talking about how much he loves her at work and how he wants to see you so bad to thank you.” He said with a smile as he stood from his chair.

“Tell him I will be down their soon to see him.” I said as I started walking him out the door.

“Well it seems you can do that rather soon.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked curiously as I opened the door for him.

“Oh did I not mention that? You have work in thirty minutes.” He said with a smile as he started walking out of the house.

“Thanks for the heads up!” I yelled sarcastically and slammed the door behind him.

“Any time!” He yelled back with loud laugh.

Hey guys I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that I get all these comments and votes from you, it makes me so happy! Make sure you keep on keeping on! Sorry I felt like that was needed. Anyways, vote and comment and I will update soon!