Dizzy

"How much longer do you think it will take Scarlett?" Jase asks me impatiently while trying to sound polite. I still don't understand how I know where I am going I just know. We have been walking for 5 hours and my feet weren't even hurting surprisingly. It's getting really late with it being dark and all but I can see clearly. I have always been pretty good with the dark so this isn't a challenge.

"About an hour, why?" I ask hoping he'd say something lovey dovey about seeing his mate for the first time and all. I think it is really adorable to hear him talk about it. I really am starting to hope that I will get lucky enough to get a mate of my own if my gift gives that too. I am trying not to get my hopes up myself, but its starting get hard.

"I just really need to pee." he said in almost a whiny tone causing my hope to deflate to none. Now that I think of it I could go for a bathroom break.

"There is a place we could pee just a mile this way." I said changing directions to west. We have been going at a very good pace, making a mile in just 6 minutes. We have been jogging, though before I found about my gift I could only do a mile in 10. I have started to come to the conclusion that my gift helps me with my endurance and body heat because I haven't stopped for a break and I'm not too cold. At most I feel winded by the exercise.

"Okay" He said to himself trying to keep himself from peeing in his only pants. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped causing his head snapped in my direction.

"What are you laughing at Scarlett?" He said in a fake strict tone, almost teasingly making me realize just how much he has opened up to me in this short time.

"Oh don't pay any attention to me; you need to save all your energy to keep yourself from peeing. No one likes wet pants, and smelly ones at that." I said trying keeping the laugh and smiling from break free but failed miserably as a laugh belted loudly from me.

He playfully glared at me but stopped when he got to the tree lining.

"Let's go to this gas station, go to the bathroom, and get some snacks for the rest of the way. Does that sound good?" I asked as we made our way to the front of the gas station.

I tapped the door handle with the back of my hand and went to pull on the door when I heard a small laugh. I turned to see Jase giving me a confused face.

"Sorry if I don't want to get shocked." I defended.

Once we entered Jase bolted to the restroom making me shake my head. When I looked up I saw a young man no older than 21 considering he could sell liquor behind him sitting at his 'post' looking at me but quickly looked away when I caught him staring. I noticed a blush coming across his cheeks making a ghost of a smile appear on my face.

I made my way to the bathroom. As I was about to enter I saw Jase exit looking refreshed. 'Dang men pee fast' I thought.

"Jase, can you please get a drink for us and a snack for us please?" I asked politely handing him the rest of our money

"Sure" He said before walking away

After I finish using the stall I went to the mirror and saw my face. My hair looked a little messy but still relatively in good shape. I looked older. I felt older. I guess this stuff was catching up to me. Then a wave of dizziness took over making me stumble and land on the floor on my butt. I leaned my head against the wall waiting for the horrid state to blow over. Like it flashed around me I knew Ana's, Jase's mate, whereabouts changed. She was now in the pack territory.

Once it was gone I heard a knock at the door of the restroom. "Scarlett are you ok, I heard a noise." Jase said sounding worried as I opened the door.

"Your mate is now in the North Valley territory, but I know how to get in." I said out of breath from that episode. I know whatever was going on with me would tell me what to do when the time came so I wasn't worried of what to come.

"What are you talking about!" he whisper screamed taking hold of my arm with one hand because the other had food and water in it. "No rouge gets into that pack, that's it, end of story, and you think your inexperienced ass is going to get in there with ease!"

"I know what I am doing Jase. I never said it was going to be easy so just trust me, and calm the fuck out!" I said with venom laced in my words.

Jase loosened his grip and said" Fine, and only because my wolf likes and trusts you with his life." I could tell he didn't like it though.

"Sorry I just feel like crap so I am a little snappy. I know this is a touchy subject and I should have been rude. Let's just take this stuff and leave." I said feeling kind of guilty.

"Alright, let's go." He said not as mad which made me happy that my only friend as of now didn't want to kill me, but I could tell he was still on edge

As walked out I waved to the guy at the cash register causing him to blush. I yelled "Bye!" while blowing a kiss as a joke making him blushes even harder.

"Now let's go! We only have one more hour till you see your other half!" I said with a smile trying to get rid of the rest of his lingering anger that may be there with a subject that gives him joy.

Jase smiled and said dreamily "Yeah I guess I will."

With that we blasted through the forest with a new found speed making it seem as if we were on cloud 9. For him because he was meeting his mate, but because I felt like I was doing what I destined for and it felt so right.