Its Him

I closed my eyes tightly as I tried to push all of Xavier's angry emotions away. The tricky thing about this was that as soon as I would harness his anger, an overwhelming sense of sadness and guilt flooded into my mind. Then when I would harness that, his sorrow would change into fury. It was a never ending cycle that was getting harder and harder on me as the energy was slowly being drained from my body.

I probably had only been 3 minutes later, when Jace and Ana came out of their frightened state. "What should we do?" Jace asked in a frightened voice.

"Call Mr. Burns, then give the phone to me so I can talk to him." I said as I leaned back in the seat and let Xavier's sadness flood my already distressed emotions. I didn't have enough energy in me anymore to keep his emotions at bay any longer.

"Here" Ana said as she placed the phone in my hands.

"Hello?" I asked as I shakily brought the phone to my ear. I could screams in the distance on the other line. I couldn't help but gasp at hearing my mates yelling, as I had never heard his voice before. I knew this wasn't the right time for me to think things like this, but his deep and commanding tone caused a small pool of heat between my legs. I couldn't believe he was only 15 and with a voice like that.

"Thank God Scarlett. I don't have any idea as to what I should do right now. His wolf has fully taken over and won't listen to anything I am saying. He is demanding he come and take you as his, but I keep telling him you two could die. I am scared for the both of you." He says frantically into the other line.

"Does he know I am talking to you?" I say in a whisper.

"No, there is no way he could over his yelling." Mr. Burns says simply.

"Let me talk to him." I say while jogging into my room and curling up in the blankets. I don't know what I will say to him, but I really don't want Jace or Ana to hear. That is a little too personal.

"Are you insane? He will go crazy." He says with outrage clear in his voice.

I run a hand through my hand, but stand my ground. "Mr. Burns just let me fucking talk to him right now." I order with no patience. I am not in the mood for his disobedience right now. Maybe my anger is fueling from Xavier's anger?

There is a silence that rings through the other line, when I hear Mr. Burns say harshly into the phone. "Here he is."

I hold my breath as I wait for my mate's voice. I don't know if I am ready for this, but it doesn't matter right now if I am or not, I just need to do this.

"Scarlett, where are you?" I hear a husky voice say into the other line. If I thought the heat was pooling in my legs before, then I must be swimming in an ocean right now.

"You can't see me right now, baby." I say in a whisper with tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"What do you mean?" he asks, choking slightly on his sob. My heart is breaking into a million pieces right now, but I need to be strong for us.

"We can't see each other till I am eighteen, or we will die." I say as I press the comforter further into my eyes.

"This isn't it. We can do something else. I could talk to some elders and see-" He said frantically before I cut him off.

"You know that won't work, Xavier." I said in a whisper as the tears pooled on the blanket. When I didn't hear his reply, I decided to comfort him in the best way possible... with the truth.

"I love you. I love you so much, Xavier. I loved you before I even knew you existed, I just didn't know it right then." I said as I choked on my many sobs. I had to purse my lips tightly in order to keep the sobs from pushing through my mouth.

"I love you too. I just am not sure how long I can last without you. I am going to go crazy knowing I can't touch you and you are so close to me. I am yours, and you are mine, Scarlett. I need you." he said with sighs.

Our voices were filled with so much emotion that my stomach was curling. I really wanted to tell him that I was already going crazy without him, but that would only make him feel worse. I couldn't do that to my mate.... my first love.

"This isn't the end; we just have to wait 4 years for the new beginning." I said quietly. I wish I could have believed my philosophical words myself, but my mind just wasn't having it.

"I wish you could believe those words yourself." Xavier said with a strained voice. It scared me how well he already knew me.

"I am working on it." I said with a small chuckle. "How about we call each other every day?" I added hopefully.

"I was hoping you would say that. How about we do it every day at 7pm?" he asked with his sobs becoming slightly less infrequent.

"I would love that." I said with a sad smile. "Promise?"

"I cross my heart." He said making my heart sizzle with hope.

"Don't be mad at Mr. Burns. I told him I didn't want you to deal with knowing about me." I said while curling my knees into my chest.

"Fine, when did you do that?" He said with curiosity laced in his voice.

"I figured it out right before my coma." I said with a sigh. I had told him the day I found out his name.

"You have known for that long!?!" he said in a shocked voice.

"Yeah." I said uncomfortably as I shifted to the other side of the bed.

"I will stop talking about that right now, but we are going to talk about this later, right?" he said with dominance and understanding whispered in his voice.

"Fine." I said defeated slightly. I would talk about anything as long as I could talk to him I was happy.

"I really don't want to leave you right now." he said sounding strained and conflicted.

"I will not become one of those couples who will go on for hours telling the other person to hang up first, so... I love you. Talk to you tomorrow at 7." I said with a light giggle.

"Love you too, and you can count on it." He said lightly.

I had to force myself to click the end button, which only made me feel guilt. What if he had more to say? What if he was waiting for me to say something else? Was it unusual for me to just end the phone call like that?

I let all these endless questions and doubts flood me as I fell into a blissful sleep filled with Xavier's husky voice.

Tell me what you guys think so far of the story in the comments! I love love love hearing what you people have to say! remember the offer of making the new cover is still up! The details in which you should send it are in the last authors note. Keep up with the votes and comments people. I live you guys for your support. KEEP READING AND BE READY FOR MORE!