Chapter 52 (Part 2)

Zeign's Point of view

I was quiet alert when Liza and Troi reach the house. I know how curious that girl a while ago, but this is my trouble and I better face this alone.

"Liana and Remiere made a beautiful flower, aren't they?" Old man said, still looking at the direction where the two disappeared. Then his gaze back at me, a disappointed look is written on his face. "I can't believe you'll fall that easily. And now, I was doubting my capability of training about that case. I trained you well, didn't I?"

I don't need to answer that, it's as if saying through himself.

"Or maybe you completely forgotten? What a disappointment." Then he leaned forward, my body tensed.

Alam kong hindi siya pumunta rito para pagsabihan lang ako. He's here to punished me, for me that betrayed him.

"Feelings...are weakness, son. Didn't I told you that? In our kind of world we need to be a stone, we can't be fooled by our emotions, because if we do. We'll die fast."

He always said that, so how can I forget? Since the death of my father, he took the responsibility of keeping me.

I remembered, I was fourteen when my father died in a gang war. Back then he was the King of Strata and The first lead of Gangster Society Council while Uncle Vincent was the former Ace or they called 'the Brain'. Liana Mosca as Empress, Christopher Williams as The third lead. They are once ruled the Gangster Society but everything's turned red when a nameless group of gangs made a war. Ayon sa nakwento samin ng isa sa mga nakaligtas seven years ago, that nameless-shit gang aimed to get the crown on my father, they appeared from nowhere just to fucking get that fucking position my father was. But some other says they just want revenge and the only satisfaction was to kill the Council. Unfortunately they defeated my father. I don't know how or why did he let that happen, but I know him, how strong and brave he is, he won't let himself die without showing a hell of a fight, so I'm very sure, that war was hell.

And when I'm asking this old man about what happened seven years ago, he always said I'm not yet ready to know. Kaya hanggang sa lumaki hindi naging maganda ang turing ko sa kanya, o dahil sa inis at frustrations ko para lang makuha ang sagot naging sunod-sunuran ako sa lahat ng gusto niya. Kahit ang pagpasok nito sakin sa isang malaking organisasyon ay sinunod ko pero wala parin akong nakuhang sagot.

I once asked him.

"Can you tell me now, who killed my father? Don't tell me I'm not ready because I'm fucking old enough to know. Now tell me old man, who?"

He blankly stared at me for a moment before turning his expression into a sad one.

"Who, hmm." Pinagsalikop niya ang mga kamay at bumaling sa bintanang nakabukas. "You know the war triggered people to had their own story. Someone says the King died because of that nameless gang, some others think he was over by a group revenge. Ah, underestimating my brother, aren't they?" Bahagyang natawa. "I'm sure hindi ka rin naniwala sa mga haka-hakang yon kaya pilit mong gustong malaman ang totoo." Tumingin naman siya ngayon sakin. "The truth is, he chooses to die, he offered his life for someone's life. Fool, isn't he?"

Yon ang dahilan kung bakit palagi niyang ipinapaalala na kahinaan ang emosyon. Noon hindi ko matanggap na nawala ang aking ama dahil sa pagligtas ng isang buhay, pero nang makilala ko ang babaeng kulay lila ang mata. Lahat ng alam ko ay naging magulo. She's like a tornado that damage the wall I build. She confuses me at the same time changing me into someone I don't know. But there's one thing I'm very sure of, I'm going to protect her even if it cost my life. At the end of the day, I'm just like my father. Or maybe were really are the same, nice.