Chapter 10

Time Skip a month, and Nico POV

I flew down to the clearing, nerves jumping. Will said he wanted to show me something. I landed silently, a couple feet away, and walked to where we were meeting. I froze at what I saw, using a bush as cover, shrinking back into the shadows, watching as Will drew his arm back, hearing the creak of the bow before he released, the swish of the arrow filling the air, before the thunk that resounded as the arrow buried itself deep in the deadcenter of the target.
I withheld a sob, as I turned and ran, ran as far as I could, away from the blonde who had stolen my heart, and my sister's life. Away from the boy I loved and trusted, away from the boy who broke me. Tears blurred my vision, as I flapped my wings and took off. How could it be him? Not Will! Why?!

Will POV

I ripped the arrows from the target, sighing as I looked at the three, now ruined, arrows embedded into one. Where was Nico? He should be here by now. I picked up my bow, loving the sound of the string stretch to it's limit, the bow steady in my hands.
Breath in, out, release. I walked over to the arrow that was once again in the center of the target. Yanking it out, I froze. "Schist." I muttered, fist clenching the arrow. How could I have forgotten? Nico must have landed and thought that I had brought him here to kill him. Without thinking, I took off, flying as fast as I could, arrow still clutched in my hand, bow over my shoulder.
Where'd he be? I flew to his house, his room dark. I rapped on the window, and a quiet yelp was heard, before silence. "Nico?" I called. I tried the window, and it slid open.
"How-" Nico started to ask, peering at me fearfully from the bundle of bed sheets he was under. "You forgot to lock the window." I laughed softly, before the smile slipped.
"Nico, look." I held out the arrow, and Nico flinched, before really looking at it.
"Silver," He said, looking up at me.
I nodded. He crawled out of bed, standing nervously in front of me. I held it out. Nico backed away fearfully, even though the arrow wasn't gold.
"You know I would never intentionally hurt you."

Nico nodded, Trigger(?) arms wrapped protectively around his stomach, and I frowned, grabbed his wrists with my free hand, yanking up the sleeve, breathing a sigh of relief when I saw no new wounds. Nico tugged his arms back, but allowed me to engulf him in a hug.

"Oh how sweet." A voice said, the sarcasm dripping fluidly, and a hint of. . . jealousy?
Nico wrenched himself away from me, pushing me behind him, glaring as hard as he could at the newcomer. He was blonde, tall and well built. He also had a bow across his back, next to a loaded quiver. He was leaning against Nico's windowframe, one hand twirling an arrow. A gold arrow.

"You." Nico says, voice choked with anger.
"Yes, me." The man finally looked up, he had ice blue eyes, cold, unhappy.
Nico began shaking with anger, wings flickering to black slightly. The intruder didn't even look surprised, just smirked.
"You know, you're father always liked me. You're sister did too."
Nico scowled. "My father put you up to this?"
The guy just smirked, eyes flashing.
Nico snarled. "What do you want."
The annoyingly attractive man just pouted, turning his icy gaze on me, before turning back to Nico.
"Replaced me so fast?" He drawled, and I was confused, but my attention was diverted, as he reached behind him, but before the archer could draw his bow, Nico rushed at him, and suddenly there was a black sword in my boyfriend's hands, not even shimmering in the light, it was as if it was drawing power, energy from the shadows.

Nico brought the sword down on the male, but the man only hissed, using the arrow in his hand to block the sword. Nico leaned into it, and something that looked like fear flashed through the other guy-Blondie's, eyes, and with a gasp, Blondie lost his balance falling from the window. Nico dropped the sword with a clatter and slammed the window shut, locking it.

"Nico," I started but I was silenced by Nico's lips on mine, kissing me furiously. I pulled away, gasping. "Nico, what?"
"Shh. If he kills me, Will, I-I."
I searched his face, watching as the tears fall. "Nico, who is he?"
Nico swallowed, opening and closing his mouth, before finding his voice.
"He-His name is Cupid, and he's my ex."

Dun DUn DUN