HAPPY EPILOGUE

(update: even tho this is true, I swapped the happy and sad ending, so the sad is first) It sounded like most people wanted a happy ending, so here you go (although, I'm really proud of the sad one. . .) :

Reminder:
And then,
BANG

Nico sobbed, crumbling to his knees where he stood. He looked at the body across the clearing tears falling. He'd killed his own father. Nico clutched at his side, putting as much pressure as he dared to on his wound. He raised his blood soaked wings, and took off, not looking at the body of his father or the wound in his neck.

Nico flew to his apartment, avoiding as many people as possible. He leaned against the wall next to his door, clutching his bleeding side, the blood smearing against the wall, but at the moment he couldn't care less about what Annabeth would do to him. Using the last of his energy, he raised his weakly formed fist, and knocked. Nico's world was muted, only seeing the frantic movement of his fiance's lips, and the last thing Nico saw was the worried, but bright, blue eyes of Will Solace.

* * *

Nico's eyes felt too heavy to open, but his senses slowly began to pick up his surroundings. He felt the cool, slightly scratchy sheets below him, and the thin blanket layer over him. He heard the constant beep of the heart monitor told him he was back in the hospital. Slowly, he became aware of the sound of crying. Nico realized there were words mixed into the sobs.
"Please, wake up. Common darling, please!"
Will.
Nico struggled to lift his eyelids, but they were heavy, and all Nico wanted to do was sleep. His eyes slid open halfway, vision blurred. He heard the door open, and decided to let his heavy lids close again, deciding people could think he was asleep a little longer.

"Hey Will." He heard a familiar voice say.
"Hi, Hazel."
Nico's breath caught, and the people in the room looked over. He didn't move, and another sob was heard.
"Will," Hazel started, tears of her own falling down her face. "I uh, brought you a change of clothes."
"Thanks."
There was silence. The door opened again, and small footsteps were heard.
"Daddy?"
Bennie. Nico wanted to open his eyes, and scoop him up.
"Daddy?" Bennie said again. "Can I go on the bed?"
Will hesitated, before nodding. "Sure." He hoisted the boy onto the bed, and Bennie carefully lay down next to Nico. The room was quiet for a while, only the sound of breathing, and the constant beep of the heart monitor were the only sound in the sterile room.

Nico internally steeled himself, knowing it would be bright in the all white room, then pretended to be waking up, as though he hadn't been awake yet. He started small, twitching a finger. He began to get nervous that no one would notice, which spiked the speed of his heart, causing people to notice. He heard Will get up, and then the crackled voice of Kayla.
"He's waking up!"
Instantly, the sound of orders being given to the doctors that were being sent to Nico's room was heard, before the connection was cut off. The door flew open, and doctors rushed around Nico. Nico shifted, and his breathing picked up, before his eyes flew open, taking a minute to focus. He choked, for the first time being aware of a plastic tube in his throat.
"OK, you're OK. Do you want the tube out?" He heard someone ask, and he manages to nod. The tube was removed, and he gasped for breath, relieved when an oxygen mask was placed over his face. He laid back, relaxing under the hands of the doctors. Finally, when they were finished, Nico was given space. He had an oxygen tube hooked up, the clear plastic threaded behind his ears before being positioned under his nostrils.
He turned his head, and focused on the sight of his fiance, his adopted son, and his half-sister.
"Beanie," Nico managed, cracking a smile, and Bennie laughed, running over. Nico ignored the confused looks on Will and Hazel faces, and cuddled the boy closer, after the seven year old managed to clamber onto the gurney.
Nico made a grabby hand at Will, and the blonde walked over, taking the pale hand in his own, both boys loving how perfectly their palms fit together.
"Hazel, hi."
Hazel almost started to cry, but she held the tears back. She walked over, placing a kiss on Nico's forehead.
"I'll come back. Bennie, common, give your parents some space, OK?"
Bennie hopped off the bed, and took Hazel a hand. Together, they walked out of the room, closing the door softly behind them.
"Sunshine," Nico spoke, but was cut off by Will, who burst into tears, leaning down to hug Nico. Nico wrapped his arms around Will, gently gliding his hands through Will's wings comfortingly. Will lay on the gurney next to Nico, pressing kisses everywhere, his forehead, his cheeks, his jaw, his nose, his eyelids, his lips.
Sitting up, Will pulled out a metal circle from his pocket. He held out his hand to Nico, who took the cold ring. Nico smiled, putting the ring back on his left ring finger, where it belonged. Will placed a gently kiss on Nico's lips, before wrapping his arms around the younger male, who turned his head towards the blonde, closing his eyes.
"I Iove you."
Nico smiled against Will's throat. "I love you too, Sunshine."
The two stayed like that for a long time, not talking, just cuddling, and taking in the presence of the other male.

FIN.

Thank you all so so much! If you do want the sad ending, just let me know.