At a Royal Ball

I was walking around the castle grounds, exploring and admiring. Suddenly the beautiful garden caught my eye. I opened the glass doors and walked inside. There were fresh greens, reds, and pinks everywhere. I bent down and smelled a flower. The smell was earthy, sweet, and new.

"Who are you?"

I turned around and let go of the flower.

"Hello I'm Y/N and you are?"

"You don't know me?"

"I wouldn't ask if I did, would I?"

"Daring aren't you. I'm Jungkook. Prince of this land," he stated with a smirk.

"So you must Jiminie's brother!" I exclaimed.

His eyes got wide in surprise.

"Did you just call him Jiminie?"

"Yes. Why?" I asked innocently.

"He's a prince. You know you can't address him so formally. Who are you?" he asked.

"Just a friend," I replied.

"I see. Interesting," he said with his hand on his chin.

"Interesting indeed. These plants are quite beautiful and regal. The colors are so radiant," I said.

"You like flowers?" he asked, plucking a red rose from it's bush.

"Yes I do," I replied.

He walked closer to me and hands me the rose. I noticed the thorns that were still on the rose and carefully takes it.

"You're like my mother. I think red roses suit you quite well," he said with a smile.

As enchanting as he was, I felt a weird aura from him.

"May I ask where the King and Queen are at the moment?" I asked out of curiosity.

"My parents are away on a trip. They're visiting and attending the wedding of a prince from another kingdom," he says while looking at me seductively.

I suddenly felt shy and exposed with just his stares and slowly retreated. I looked around awkwardly.

Jimin's P.O.V.

I was roaming around until I saw two people in the royal greenhouse together. I noticed that it was Y/N and Jungkook talking. I walked over there and opened the glass door. 

"Oh if it isn't my brother 'Jiminie'," he said with a smirk.

"Y/N you may leave us alone now. We have business to talk about," I said in a monotone.

"A-alright," she said as she bowed and left.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I left the brothers alone and started roaming around again. I stumbled upon another garden but this time it was outside in the open rather than being enclosed in a big glass house. Minutes later Jimin runs into me again, but something tells me it wasn't unintentionally. 

"Fancy seeing you again," I said teasingly.

He smiled and looked down to the ground before up at me again.

"I see you like flowers," he said.

"Yes I do. I told Prince Jungkook the same thing."

The smile on his face left as he turned to look at a blue flower nearby. He plucked it and the same way Prince Jungkook had with the red rose.

"This is called a delphinium flower. It's dolphin shaped and stands for big heartedness and fun. I think this suits you more," he said.

He walked closer to me and brushed my hair back behind my ears with his right other hand. Then he took the blue flower and placed it behind my ear softly. His face was so close that my heart felt like it was beating too fast.

"So, tonight we will be holding a royal ball. I want you to be there and since I personally invited you, you must attend. Don't even think about staying in your room."

He tilts his head to the right and smiles at me. Those eyes that smiled along were the reason why I couldn't resist.

"Yes Prince Jimin. I will attend the royal ball." 

"How many times do I have to tell you to just address me as Jimin? There's no need to be so formal with me," then he leans into my ears and whispers, "My little mermaid." 

My face froze as I instinctively took a step back and glared at him. "Don't say that. It's not a matter to take lightly. One person finding out is enough, I don't need the whole world to know."

He tilts his head to the left this time and leans in closer to my face. He slightly smiled and then turned his ears towards my lips. I knew what he wanted. This little tiny prince must really do always get what he wants.

"I'll be there you TINY JIMIN-AH!"

I screamed and hurriedly stomped away, lifting the ends of my dress to gain speed. I could hear his cute laugh from behind.

Odd, so odd. Why does he find it so entertaining to mess with me? 

Carlotta helped prepare me for the ball. She told me some basic manners and key messages so I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of all the people. 

"It's getting close to the time you must go," says Carlotta. "If you do not mind, I would like to suggest the dress you might wear for the ball Miss Y/N."

My eyes lit up when I saw the beautiful gown she had chosen.

"Oh I couldn't," I said, humbly.

It was a beautiful cream colored long dress with see-through long sleeves and flowers adorned around. It was elegant and delicate.

"Please do Miss Y/N," she said with a kind smile.

I nodded and smiled back at her.

"Would you like me to remove this flower?" she asked as she was doing my hair.

"Actually I would like to wear it if you don't mind," I said.

She nodded and fixed my hair into an low bun and with the blue delphinium, she embedded it into a flower crown. 

Now that I was all ready to go, I took a deep breath and walked out and into the hall. I stopped before I could get near the top of the staircase because I was intimated by the humans who were associating loudly. I put my hand on my chest and took another deep breath. At the top of the staircase now, I stood there as eyes started to turn to me. I walked down each step carefully as I could sense the stares. I tried to remain calm and elegant like Carlotta has taught me. With my head held high, I met the eyes of those who looked at me. I did not dare to let my nervousness show.

"You're here."

I looked ahead and smiled. 

"I said I would come for you," I replied with a smile.

He held out his hand for me and as I was about to take it, Prince Jungkook stepped in between.

"May I?" he asked with a devilish smile.

I knew there was something off about him. Now what do I do?