❇Chapter 22 Guilt & Cold Shoulders❇

Jesse P.O.V

Suddenly Alex leaves the table and the girls leave with her.

I am standing dumbstruck, frozen to the ground!

It was her!

She was the girl with blonde hair that rushed out of the restaurant and the girls following her were Skylar, Amanda and Hillary.

Now I know why Hill was acting so weird and furious.

"Jesse can we talk outside?" Liam asks.

"Yeah...sure." I say.

We get up and leave the table heading outside.

"Liam I...." I get cut off by him.

"What happened?" Liam asks calmly.

"Me and Alex started dating but I didn't want to tell our parents because I didn't want my mother to start planning a wedding and to be honest when I read that article about mine and Alex's apparent engagement. I saw tons of hate messages towards Alex. Because I was scared of how she would take it, I didn't tell any of my or your parents. So my parents set up this arrangement where I have to date a different princess each month in order to find a proper bride!" I explain.

"Which princess were you with when the girls saw you?" Liam asks.

"Jennevive," I say.

"So you're telling me, you didn't know that Hillary and Jennevive are sworn enemies?" Liam asks.

"I do know!" I say.

"It's understandable why you had to date her but then why the heck did you kiss her?" Liam asks.

"Firstly she kissed me and said that her aunt was at the restaurant. Her aunt knew that we were dating! So I couldn't pull away!" I say, feeling guilty that I cheated on Alex knowingly.

"I understand Jesse!" Liam says.

"Thanks but why can't the girls?" I ask.

"Look at it from Alex's point of view. Alex loved someone before you and on the same day when she confessed to the prince whose name shall not be mentioned... she then found him cheating on her with her best friend! Her best friend knew Alex liked him but still kissed him! It took long for Alex to recover to who she was! Her personality changed in a blink! She became distant! But somehow she met someone and according to my parents, he helped Alex! So I think that when you kissed Jennevive it was a repeat of the past to Alex! The girls don't know about all this, so they took Alex part cause their girls and we're guys!" Liam says.

What he says makes me feel even worse and now I know how Alex felt when I kissed Jennevive. Mainly because my first girlfriend cheated on me the way I did with Alex. Luckily, Alex was my first kiss.

I need to get her back.

"Thanks for understanding my position I was in, but I need to find Alex!" I say.

"Go for it!" Liam says with a thumbs up.

I walk around the school yard and then spot Alex sitting underneath the tree we engraved our names on.

"Hey Alex, where are the girls?" I ask and she looks up at me.

"They went to get Starbucks and Hillary went to the restroom." Alex answers.

"Look Alex I...." I start saying, when she cuts me off.

Okay, seriously what is it with Alex and Liam cutting a person off today?