❇Chapter 20 Sisters Before Misters❇

Jesse P.O.V

As I am riding home, I can't help but feel guilty. Even though I tried to convince myself that the kiss was lovely, it felt excruciating.

I arrive home and see Alex's balcony door open.

I wonder what she did today.

I then get dressed in my new tailored suit for the ball, my parents are hosting at our palace.

"Jesse, Jesse, Jesse!!!!" mum comes inside my room, screaming.

Yep, my mum is known for being overdramatic.

"Yes mum?" I enquire.

"Jesse do you know where Hill.." she stops her sentence, when my sister slams my bedroom door open.

"Oh... I didn't know you were in Jesse's room mum!" Hillary says, quickly changing her furious look.

"Hillary where were you? The ball starts in 30 minutes!" mum shouts.

"I was with Alex, she had a princess life crisis!" Hillary says looking exasperated, mum's expressions soften upon hearing Alex's name.

"What is a princess-life-crisis? Is there something wrong with Alex?" I ask with concern.

"It's none of your business!!!" Hillary deadpans.

What's up with her?

Hill never talked to me with attitude, unless it was in a playful manner.

"Okay kids!! I am going with your father to the palace! Finish up Hilly and go with Jesse!" mum says, noticing the death glares Hill is sending me.

They both eventually left my room.

We climb into the limousine and the tension is unbearable. Hillary won't talk or even look at me and I have no idea why. Maybe it has something to do with Liam.

Alex P.O.V

Hillary left a moment ago to get ready for the ball. At least Skylar and Amanda had family matters to attend, it was so hard to convince them to leave.

I am truly hurt, but I have been looking forward to the ball. I have to go to the ball, not to raise any suspicion. I have so many unanswered questions, but hopefully I'll have Hill with me at the ball. I quickly get dressed and ready to go to the ball.

Hillary P.O.V

I can't believe that jerk!!

He had to kiss JENNEVIVE!!!

He knows she's my sworn enemy!!! Him and Liam are the only ones that know about JENNEVIVE!

I can't believe he even had the audacity to hurt Alex!

At the Princess Academy I didn't really have true friends! All of them only wanted to be my friend mainly because of my royal title.

Alex is my real true friend now. I just got a best friend, I'm not going to allow my brother's actions to intervene with my friendship!

I'm staring at the roof of the limousine, avoiding the curious looks I'm receiving from Jesse! FINALLY, we arrive. I rush into the ballroom and I finally find Alex! I hug and greet her,

"What are you doing Hillary? Aren't you supposed to take Jesse's side, since you're his sister?" Alex asks me.

I can see sadness, hurt and disappointment in her eyes. I don't know how she can keep this facade up.

"Just because Jesse is my brother, doesn't mean I should take his side! Jesse is at fault here! Remember we said we'd still be friends even if our siblings break our hearts!" I say.

"Thanks Hill, I really need a friend right now!" Alex says.

"No prob, remember the saying, Sisters before Misters!" I say with a smile.

Alex smiles back but then suddenly freezes, when seeing Jesse entering the palace with Jennevive running to hug him.

He slightly sighs and removes himself out of her embrace. He walks straight up to us and I could swear Alex went pale.

"Hey Alex!" he says.

"Hey Jesse!" Alex smiles weakly.

Oh my word!

This is so much torture!

I just want to rip his head off right now!

"I heard about your princess-life-crisis thing. Care to explain it to me girlfriend?" Jesse asks, while whispering the last part in her ear, but still loud enough for me to hear.

He has a nerve and right now, I'm trying to conceal myself!

Alex looks like she is about to breakdown.

"Alex I want to show you my old bedroom! It's amaze!" I gush.

Before Jesse can say anything, I drag Alex upstairs into my old room.

"Thanks....I..just....can't....believe...he...cheated...on....me!" she starts crying.

"Ohhh, come on let it all out, I'm here for you!" I say and let her place her head on my lap.

Alex starts crying softly.

To be honest the first time I met Alex she looked like the typical popular heartbreaker type. But she is actually the opposite, now my BROTHER broke her heart and he doesn't even know it!

"It's okay! You can stop now! Do you want to go home?" I ask and Alex nods her head yes.

We take one of the Black Rovers and exit through the back secret garage! I start a conversation with Alex in the meantime,

"Alex you know, I understand you're heartbroken, really I do but, I miss the fearless, brave, strong and charming who won't let boys get her down! I am not forcing nor rushing you to get over Jesse because I know you'll still have feelings for him. I don't want you to mope around and change your personality, I'm speaking out of experience!" I say sadly, while focusing on the road.

"Did it happen to you?" Alex asks, rubbing her red puffy eyes.

"Yes and it was a prince as well!" I say.

_________________________

Please Vote, Comment, Share & Follow!

Are you sorry for Alex or Jesse?

I literally shed a tear! I also love Hillary! She plays such a wonderful affectionate sister role! Tell me if you think the same!

Stay Awesome!
Love you guys!💓