Chapter 14

Aphmau's P.O.V

I woke up to a silent house. I instantly felt suspicious since it's never quiet unless someone's planning something. 

I took a shower and got dressed in a sky-blue pencil skirt and a white blouse. I pulled my long, raven-black hair into a high ponytail, even with it up, it still ended just above my hips. I applied some cherry-red lip stick, a layer of mascara and some winged eyeliner and ran down the stairs, humming.

I took a glance into Sly's room to see if he was there. He wasn't. None of the few was in their rooms. It was starting to creep me out...

As I walked into the kitchen, my eyes darting everywhere, I noticed something on the kitchen table. I saw a note signed Sly, yet, it wasn't in his handwriting and it seemed very suspicious. 

Dear Jess,

We've gone back to Asgard. Please don't come look for us, we're safe. 

Hope you find our parents still, since we gave up looking.

Love Sly. Xx

This can't be right... I thought. The few would never just leave me like that... Not like I did to them... They would never give up on something as serious as this... And Sly most definitely would not sign a note with kisses... This whole ideal seems too suspicious to be true...

My eyes filled with tears, thinking of the worse scenarios that could be in place. I set off to school, bag slung over one shoulder, tears in my eyes...