Unfortunate

I get through the rest of the class peacefully, with Serenity in the back of my mind. I just can't believe I'm this attracted to her. I stopped messing around, with all the girls I used to mess with to focus on my new job. It took forever and a day, to get Jazzmine off my back. She was my main chick in the A but she came with too much drama. Serenity doesn't seem like that...Damn it Trey. Get ya mind right.

The students exit the class and Jerrod comes up to my desk. "No, bruh," he says. What is this man talking talking bout? "No, what?" I ask. "I saw the way you looked at ol girl," he says. "Yo mind wasn't even on the rest of the class!" I can't stand that this man knows everything about me. "Shhh, man. The students just left." I whisper. I rush to close the classroom door, in fear that someone might hear. Like I said, the last thing I need is another problem.

"Look man, she's beautiful. I can't even deny that," I start. "She looks so innocent yet bold. I can't take my mind off of her for real." Saying it out loud makes me even more worried. Saying the words makes me want to know more about her. "Don't get ya self caught, bruh," Jerrod pleads. "She just around Jazz age and you know how that turned out." Unfortunately, Jazzmine is in my mind once again. She's smart, beautiful,  and strong minded but damn did she cause all the problems. I only messed around with her for a good 6 months (the longest I've ever messed with one specific girl) and she wanted to take pictures all the time, go public, a whole bunch of mess I ain't wanna do. I just wasn't ready to settle down yet. Hell I slick think she was just in it for the money and sex.
***

I pack up everything I need to take with me and head to the counselor's office. Because of who I am, I have to report to the office and update them. I open the door to the main office, where the presidents, accountants, and counselors' offices are. The office assistant knows why I'm here and starts calling the counselor. The counselor's fine but she's definitely about her business. "She'll be just a moment, Mr. Neverson." she says. "Thank you." I'm too nervous to sit,so I just stand. I have one more day of class, this week,r and I hope to prove my worthiness. "Ah, Mr. Neverson. Good to see you again." Mrs. Charm, the counselor, comes from around the corner. "How are you today?" I ask. "Doing well. Let's go ahead and step into my office."

She closes her office doors, behind us, before sitting behind her desk. I sit across from her desk and from the looks on her face, I'm getting bad news. "I'm not gonna lie to you, Mr. Neverson. The president is not happy with what happened Monday," she starts. I lower my head in disappointment. "Although it was the first day, some professors actually planned to start their assignments. It pushed them back a day." "I know. We knew that this would happen. We discussed this with the entire professing staff," I start to defend myself. We had very long meetings, in person, and via phone, about my starting here. "Yes, but no one anticipated that exact situation. She could've been sent to the hospital, Mr. Neverson. Thankfully, the nursing student could get her to wake up." At this point, I've lost hope. I've done everything correctly, but my fame is against me. 

"But," she says, regaining my attention. "The president loved the responses from your email and social media posts. It shows regret as well as a passion to be here. He respected it. Plus, we didn't have anyone faint today," she laughs. I laugh a little. I just might be able to do this. "I still get one more day, to try and keep everyone calm, right? I ask. "You sure do. Better make it count. It'd be real unfortunate for all of your efforts to go to waste." She smiles. She's been rooting for me since I've met her but she's very serious about her job. "Oh, I will." I say while getting out of the chair. I can't wait to go home and figure out how my Friday class is going to go. "But off the record," Mrs. Charm says. "You look damn good, in that suit." We both laugh at her comment. I size her up, before heading toward the door. "I'd rather be that dress right now." I say. I watch her smile and blush, as I exited. That lady know damn well she's fine but she's married. I can't go down that road again.

I head to my car, out in the professors' parking lot, watching my back. I can't help but feel like somebody's going to jump out at me, asking for an autograph or something. As soon as I get in my car, I lock the doors and take another look around. I smile and nod at the confused lady in the car to my left. Either she's one of the teachers that missed all of the emails about me or she's wondering why I'm looking over my shoulder. I can only hope that I don't have to do this much longer. 

As I'm pulling out of the parking lot, my mom calls. "Hey, baby. How did it go?" She asks. I had previously told her about how terrible Monday went. "Hey, mama. It went a lot better, today," I start. "They're still giving me until Friday, to prove that I won't be an issue." "Aww you can do it. The kids just need time to get used to it. One week isn't long enough but I'm sure you'll make it happen." She wasn't too excited, when I first told her what I wanted to do. It wasn't because she didn't believe I could do. She just didn't want me going through what I'm going through now. "Thanks, mama. I'ma get it done." She also wanted me to realize how much of a pay cut this would be. Professors don't make that much and it's NOTHING compared to me performing. But I told myself that if I want to do this, I have to be all in. My contract, with the University, is only for a semester, just in case I miss my life. That was the only condition I had. Everything else, was on them. "Well alright, baby. I'm about to go serve lunch to my man, so I'll talk to you later." She laughs. "Yea yea, bye mama." I know she's grown but I'm still not too fond of her having a boyfriend.