Be Where You Are

I wake up, before Serenity again but this time I can see her face. She's laying on top of me and one of her arms are hanging off the couch. I laugh a little. Maybe I laughed a little too hard , because she starts to move. She finally looks up at me and groans. Not in a bad away. I've been waiting for this moment for so long, so I didn't hold back. "Hey, beautiful." I smile. "Hi, handsome." She smiles again. "I'm starving." I laugh. "Same. You should make something." "Oh really?" "Yep, I'll go shower and hopefully something will be almost done, by then." She laughs and stands, taking one of the blankets with her. I'd give her the world.

After sitting in my thoughts, I finally showered and came back downstairs. All I could think about is making the best possible meal, for me. I want it to be quick though. "Parmesan crusted chicken." I say to myself. It's not the quickest but I think she'd love it. I grab the chicken breasts out of the fridge and clean it. I can't believe there are people that don't clean their chicken. I season the chicken and prep it, for being fried. I boil water, for the pasta, while I make the marinara sauce, for the chicken. Serenity comes back down, in a black spaghetti strapped romper. "My God." I say. She literally stops me in my track. "What?" She asks, with a devious smile. "I'm looking at two different meals right now." I lick my lips. She slaps my arms and laughs, once she makes it over to me. 

She actually starts helping me, with the food. We move in a comfortable silence. I really could do this everyday. "What are you smiling about?" Serenity knocks me out of my thoughts. "You." I say, simply. It makes her cheese way too hard. It's like a honeymoon stage. I wish it could last long but knowing my life, it won't.

We sit down, at the table and have casual conversation. Straight peace. "So what happens now?" Serenity asks. Now I'm worried. "What you mean?" I ask, in between bites of chicken. "How do I live with being in your life? Are all of your friends followed and what not?" "It's definitely going to be different, with you." I sigh. "Our friendship started with hella controversy. It's not going to be easy for people to let it go." "Yea, I figured that." She rubs her forehead. "I had to call and explain everything to my parents." She pauses. "Well, what did they say?" I ask worriedly. "They don't want me to see you. They think I should be focusing on school and you're a distraction and I could be expelled." "What? Didn't you tell them how it started?" "Yea. They don't like Taj ass either. They never liked him, ever since they found out about his kid." "I'm a way better nigga than his ass." "I can agree but at the same time, I thought he was going to be my everything. I just don't want to fail in life because I'm up dudes' asses." "I understand." Now the silence isn't so comfortable.

***

I picked back up a few more appearances, out of town. I don't want to completely let it all go, just in case Serenity and I don't work out. I'd love to settle down and I hope she's the one but you just never know. "Alright, you have a specific time frame, for this performance. Don't go over." My manager says. I've been known to throw a fit or two, about being rushed off stage. I gotta remember that this isn't my show but it's Breezy's. "I got it." I say, before getting ready for the stage. Serenity and I have been talking and chilling a  lot more and it's been good. She just didn't wanna come out to such a big concert and risk being seen, with me. I know one thing though. If she becomes my girl, my fans are going to have to accept her...

After the show, I head back to the dressing room. Chris always invite some women  back to the room. We just drink and act up. "My nigga!" He walks in and daps me up. Five women and some of his boys walk in. Now, it's a function. "Yo you almost had me thinking you was gone dive in the crowd." His boy, Tee says. We all laugh. "Hell nah! I'd never make it back to the stage, dealing with these women." Chris laughs. "Look and I couldn't even help you. We'd both be stuck." I say, making everybody laugh. It's always good vibes when I'm around my boy. "Hell, don't you got a lil sumn going on. You can't be getting stuck out here." Chris says, obviously talking about Serenity. "Look man, I'm just chilling. A nigga can't chill?" "With your tongue down her throat?" Tee says, making everybody all but fall out laughing. These niggas man. 

We chill, for about another hour, before deciding to head out. I'm sure Chris is taking the light skinned chick to his room. You could tell from their vibe. This one brown skinned girl, Char, kept tryna feel up on me and I wasn't having it. I really have changed because she is BEAUTIFUL. She's not Serenity though. "She got you good, huh?" Char says, before walking out. I shake my head and make my way to the car, in an alley, behind the venue. I don't ever drive to concerts because I don't want to risk running somebody over, tryna follow me. Chauncey can handle himself better. "What's up, Chaunce." I call out. "Good show, tonight. I can't even tell you're getting old." He laughs. "Aww, don't do me like that." I get in and we talk about the concert, the whole way to the hotel. 

As soon as I get to the hotel, I jump in the shower. I was so lit, during my performance, I was sweating like crazy. My phone rings and I look at my watch. Who the hell is calling me at 3AM? I see that it's Serenity and I smile. "Ain't it past your bed time?" I ask, before she can get anything out. "Shut up!" She laughs. "I just wanted to check on you and see how the show went. I'm actually surprised you answered." 'What you mean? I always answer when you call." "But you're Trey Songz. Every girl wants a piece of you." "But the only girl I want a piece of is in the A." She laughs nervously. "This is why my parents want me to be single during college. I'm up at 3AM, because I'm tryna cock block a man that isn't mine." I laugh. Hard. "Don't laugh at me!" She yells. "I'm sorry." I laugh. "It's actually kind of cute. I was so jealous the first time I saw you out with Taj and I had no reason to be. I can understand why you would be. We've grown from then and I hope that we can continue to grow." "As long as I don't become a Jazz." "Yea I'd prefer you not act like that. Please, God." I laugh. "I won't. I promise." She sighs. "I do wish I came tonight, though." "I wish you did, too but I understand why you didn't." "Yea. In due time, I guess." "In due time."