Simply Amazing

Because she didn't plan a graduation trip, I decided to surprise her, with one. Thankfully, she has her passport, already. I walk into the living room, to find her smiling at her graduation pictures. "Mmm, smart AND fine!" I say. She laughs. "Thanks, babe." She stands up and brings me in, for a kiss. "Thanks for everything." "Well I have something else you might want to thank me for." I say. She steps back and tries to guess. "What did you do?" She laughs. "You didn't plan a graduation trip, so I did." She laughs even more. "What's funny?" I ask. "I just don't know what I did to deserve you." I bring her in, for another kiss. "You wanna keep kissing or you wanna pack, for the Bahamas?" I ask, in between kisses. "What? We're going to the Bahamas?! Are you kidding?" She asks excitedly. "We leave Monday afternoon." She runs and jumps on me. She kisses me all over my face. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I gotta get clothes and stuff." 

She temporarily moved back in, with her parents, until she figures out where she wants to live. I wish she could move here but I don't want to scare her. I just hope wherever it is, it's close by. Her grandparents are paying, for it, and it's obvious they're willing to put up some big money. They already gave her a new car but they were so proud, they said they'd throw in a house, for her.  "I guess you have some planning to do." I say. "I really do!" She says, excitedly. She begins to pack some of her things. "Hurry up and come back." I say, as I stand by her room door. "I'll be back on Sunday." She stops what she's doing, to give me another kiss. This will be a long four days, for me.

***

I've spent the last four days finalizing our trip itinerary. I want it to be perfect, for her.  I've been coordinating, with the resort manager. "Thank you, sir," I say, before hanging up the phone. I place all of our bags, by the front door, as Serenity makes some final adjustments, to her outfit. "Babe, you look fine!" I yell toward her. "It's the BAHAMAS!" She yells back. I shake my head and laugh, as Chauncey and I pack the car. When she finally finishes, I'm in awe. She didn't do too much with makeup but her sun dress and hair is giving me life. "How do I look?" She asks. "Worth the wait." I say, as I kiss her forehead. "Thank you." She says. Then, we finally make our way, to the Bahamas.

Once we arrive, you can feel the difference, in the air. It's tropical and it gives you some sort of freedom. "This is NICE!" Serenity says, as we enter the room. I have to admit, I really outdid myself, this time. Clearly I don't have a problem spending money, on a woman, when she's worth it. Jazz was certainly not. "We will send you a dinner reminder, an hour before time. If there is any other way that we can serve you, please dial 000. Team Maria will be at your service." The manager says. "Thanks so much." We both respond. We continue looking around, once he leaves. Serenity stops in the kitchen, where there is wine, roses and chocolate covered strawberries. "I need one of these right now." She happily opens the strawberries. "Hell, so do I." I dive in, as well. 

We just relax, in each other's company, before getting ready, for dinner. The resort has set up a private room, in their restaurant, for us. Once we finish getting dressed, we head down to the restaurant. "Wow, this is gorgeous." Serenity gazes over the entire place. "The best, for the best." I reply. "Right this way." The waitress recognizes me and escorts us to our room. Complimentary champagne is waiting for us, on ice, near  the table. Candles are lit and roses are placed neatly around. They did the damn thang. 

We eat and converse and the whole time, all I could think about was Serenity. We've been through so much, over the past nine months. I honestly believe that she's the one for me. I don't have to date around or fuck with hoes. She's all mine. "What?" She smiles and asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Sorry, I just can't believe we're here." I answer. "You can't believe? I've never done anything like this." She laughs. "No, I mean us. I mean I knew when I first saw you, I felt something. I just never thought I'd get this lucky." My words make her smile bigger than I've ever seen. She stands up and comes to sit on my lap. "I never thought I'd be this lucky either." She says, before kissing me. I could do this forever.

Our waitress comes back in, to take our orders and Serenity returns to her seat. We smile the whole dinner. 

We enjoy the rest of our trip sight seeing, eating and relaxing by the beaches. We are barely interrupted by our phones, the whole time. We had both agreed that we'd keep our social media presence to a minimum, during this time. "I don't want to leave." Serenity says. "Neither do I." I answer. But we both know we can't stay here, forever. "We can come back though. For sure." She smiles and places her hand in mine, as we take one last walk on the beach.