Chapter thirteen

I don't leave my house for the next two days, I ignore all my calls, texts and emails, pretend like I don't hear the doorbell when I'm alone and pretend like I'm sleeping whenever one of my parents opens the door. But I think they're starting to catch on, everyone is.  
"Emma, your friends are worried about you. You should at least let them know you're okay."
"I know." I say. "I will later."
"Is there something going on that we should know about?"
"No."
"Then why are you doing this?"
"Halloween is in two days, then on November eighth, it's me and Eli's anniversary, the first one without him. This isn't easy for me."
"Sweetheart, there are going to be a lot of firsts without him, and none of them are going to be easy, but you can't isolate yourself and ignore your friends."
"Yes I can."
"Emma.." My mom says.
"Stop. I don't wanna hear what I should and shouldn't do, I don't wanna hear that this would all be easier if I just let people help me, news flash mom, this is never going to be easy, no matter how many people I let in, no matter how many doctors I see, this is not easy." I shove my plate away and go upstairs. My phone rings and I turn it off.
"Emma, please let me in. It's okay."
"No it's not! Just please, leave me alone!"
"Will you go to the doctor? Please, you need to talk to someone, I feel like you're only getting worse and I don't know what to do."
"Yeah, fine, I'll go. Just make me an appointment." I say.
"And you'll keep it this time?"
"Yes."
"Okay." I bury my face in my pillow.
"I'm sorry." I whisper to no one in particular. 

************************************
So this was a pretty short update, I'll probably add more onto it Wednesday instead of doing a new chapter.