Chapter fifteen

"Just let us know if you need to leave." Sarah says.
"Okay. I'm hoping I'll be okay."
"I hope so too." The girl behind the counter hands us a roll of twenty-five tickets each. "So, where to first?"
"Hmm, let's do the ferris wheel." I say.
"Yes! And then the haunted house." Kayla adds. We stand in line for the ferris wheel for about ten minutes before finally getting on.
"It's been so long since I've been on a ferris wheel." I say. "I remember one time, I was maybe five, I stood up in my seat and almost fell. I cried the rest of the ride."
"I remember when I spilled my popcorn all over the people below me." Sarah says.
"That was last year, right?" Kayla asks.
"Yeah, and then they got me more popcorn even though it was totally my fault."
"They were really cool." I say. After we get off the ferris wheel, we go to the haunted house, which doesn't have much of a line. Sarah goes through it with her face buried in kayla's jacket and Kayla is laughing at her. At the end, we each get a treat bag full of candy. "This is so fun. Let's go get cotton candy." 
*********
"I had a lot of fun tonight." I say.
"So did we. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. We were getting really worried about you, I mean, we still are,
of course." Kayla says.
"Do you guys want to stay the night?"
"Sure." Sarah says.
"Yeah. I bought a bunch of Halloween candy, and I brought some scary movies."
"Awesome, we can watch them downstairs since my parents are out." I say. We go inside.
"Hey Emma?"
"Yeah Kayla?"
"Do you have a big bowl for this candy?"
"Yeah, let me go grab it." I go to the kitchen and grab the blue mixing bowl from the cabinet. "The halloween one got lost in storage, so this is all I have."
"It's perfect." Kayla tears the bag open and pours the candy in.
"Anyone want popcorn?" I ask.
"Yeah. I do." Sarah says.
"Me too!" I grab a few bags of popcorn from the cabinet and stick them in the microwave. Then I grab a few two liters and some orange plastic cups and bring them to the living room. The microwave beeps.
"Oh! That's the popcorn! I'll be back." I dump the popcorn into another big bowl and go to the living room where Sarah is putting a movie in.
"Alright, let's scare ourselves so much that we can't sleep!" Kayla says, laughing.