Quaker 30

"Kathryn. Hindi ka ba papasok? Isang linggo ka ng nag-aabsent."sita ni mama sa'kin.

Nagtalukbong ako ng kumot at nagkunwaring tulog.

"Ano bang problema mo anak?"

I can feel her sitting beside me. She removed the covers and the hairs concealing my face.

"Kausapin mo 'ko anak."

Pumiyok si mama. I know she's crying!

"Ma. Gusto ko munang mapag-isa."

"Your teachers called. You have to keep moving. You have to move on with your---"

"Ma! Gusto kong mapag-isa! Can't you see it? I want to be alone!"

Later after few minutes, I heard the creaks of the door as it closes.

Aggggghhhhh!!!!!

Pagod na ako! Isang Linggo akong nagkukulong. Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit hindi ako ginugutom. Buong araw lang akong hihiga at makikipag usap sa kawalan.

I'd just wish every night hoping it will be the last sleep of my life. But I still wake up every morning.

I was at the brink of asking why I should live. There's nothing I can find. What's the point of breathing when life ahead suffocates you? What's the point of living when everyone just breaks you?

Continuous knocks on the door awakened me from my thoughts. I still didn't move. I heard the footsteps approaching.

"Donkey. Get up! I have something to show you!"

"I'm sleeping."matamlay kong sagot sabay takip ng kumot sa mukha ko.

"If you aren't getting up, I'm calling the mental asylum!"

"Not funny."

There's a long silence. I slowly peeked over to see if he's gone. Instead, I'm welcomed by those blazing eyes.

"You disappoint me. You're weak! You're so weak Kathryn! You can't just stay there forever until death comes after you. A lot of people out there are begging to extend their lives so they can live more purposively! Ikaw? Anong ginagawa mo? Duwag ka. Hindi pwedeng iasa mo nalang palagi sa iba ang problema mo. Hindi pwede na palaging may magtatanggol sayo. So what if he left? So what if he chose that woman over your mom? Naiisip mo ba? What makes you different from him?" He gave out a lopsided smile.

"Look at yourself. Wala kayong pinagkaiba. Just like your dad, you left your mom all by herself. Did that ever cross your mind Chandria? I know it didn't because you're selfish!"

He went out straight away the moment he said all those things. I was left tongue-tied.

Hindi ako katulad niya!

I looked around and was greeted with rotten fruits and other messes everywhere.

I reached for my phone. Isang Linggo ko rin 'tong hinayaang nakapatay. I slowly turned it on. Ang daming messages galing sa mga kaibigan ko, from Yves... and there's one coming from HIM.

From:
+639506225189
Let's talk. Grow up.

Ang kapal talaga ng mukha niya--- Fine! Kakausapin ko siya! Kahit pa kasama ang babae niyang yon!

I'm taking a shower when my phone is ringing. Bumilis yong heartbeats ko. Fvck. What's this for? Ba't ako kinakabahan?

Wrapping the towel around my body, I immediately took the call. It's Daniel!

"Chandria. Do me this one favor, please."I heard him begging from the other line. "She wants to..."Narinig kong umiingos siya saka nagpatuloy. "Please. She wants to talk to you."