Chapter 6

It is a little hard to avoid Ross, considering that we both belong to the same company, have almost all of our classes together and he shows up everywhere I go. I manage to do it anyway. I haven't been hanging around Colton that much lately since the two of them are really close and love spending time together. Even Kate complained about Ross stealing her husband which was obviously amusing to Anna who makes everything in life a big joke.

I mean, it was hilarious to hear Kate complaining about their bromance but I've got too many problems to be thinking about.

First, Joey is breathing down my neck every second of every day. He is always after me and the guy just doesn't know when to stop.

Second, I have to focus on my grades this semester. Yes, I'm fucking serious. In life, I mess everything up so I won't let the same happen to my education.

Third and the weirdest of all.. I became sexually frustrated. I don't know why but I'm only aware that I haven't slept with anyone in three weeks. Ever since that wedding night. I just am not into it. I mean, I have tried, really. I've had a few guys all over me but when it gets to the point of getting naked, my mind turns off. I apologize and get away as quickly as I can.

"Ugh.. ", I rub my head as I think about my sex life for the hundreth time this week.

The bench near the campus where I always rest is hidden behind the trees but there is enough of space in between them to let a bit of sunlight touch my skin. The weather is unusually bright and it's warm. I concentrate on the background sounds and close my eyes. Just a little piece and quiet..

Suddenly, I am punched. It happens in one moment and the shot is straight in my face. When I reopen my eyes, I realize it's not a punch. A ball has hit me. Soccerball. What?

"Ouch. ", I whisper as my nose throbs. I touch it and see blood on my hand.

"Shit. I didn't mean to... Laura?"

I look up and of course it's the Lynch. Typical predictable coincidence.

"What? You stop apologizing as soon as you realize it's me whom you have hurt? "

"No. Sorry. I am just surprised. ", he grabs the ball and drops it next to his feet. His hand reaches for my face. "Are you alright?"

"Don't touch me. You are lucky I haven't kicked your ass by now.", I groan and lean my head backwards, still holding my nose.

"You're bleeding. Let's get back to campus so you can wash it off.", Ross suggests.

"I have tissues. ", I point to my bag.

He looks through it and gets out a box of tissues. His face spreads in a grimace. "Why do you have tissues with you?"

"Because I hate dirty doorknobs?", I suggest.

He gives me a playful smile. "You can do better than that. "

I wipe my face. "I just like to be prepared in case a blonde douche wishes to kick a ball in my face."

He ignores the attitude and grabs the tissue from me, moving it across my nose. "Fair enough."

I huff.

"Stop touching me. "

"I'm sorry this happened. I should have paid more attention to where I was kicking. ", he gives me his honesty.

I try to appear mad but miserably fail in my intention. His energy makes a calming impact on me.

"Yes, you should have. ", I lean away from him and grab the tissue he's been using to scrub off the blood. I rise to my feet and he scratches the back of his neck. "I'm leaving. Have fun kicking the ball in someone else's face. "