Chapter 32

Breeze slowly pushes through the almost closed window. It's pulled open just a little because I like the chilly air. I sleep better when the window's open. This small phobia of limited space follows me too. Hopefully, the imaginary monsters hiding in my room would get sucked out through the open window, huh... 

I am so fucking weird.

The evil just wouldn't come out tonight. Never knew if it was the past of this girl or my own problems or the fact that I'm constantly anxious about Ross and I while he's peacefully asleep at my own bed, but I couldn't let myself fall asleep. Everyone also stayed over, so we are now cramped up in a small dorm room.

My eyes glue back to Ross' face which now holds a tight frown. I stare at him carefully trying to figure out what's torturing him that much. He's obviously having a bad dream or he's stressing over something.

Through the darkness of the scary night, I hear him whisper the words.

"No. No, no! ", he then tosses and hits me across the face with his left hand. I squeak and move his hand away, rubbing my nose.

"What the f..", I say quietly, feeling the pain on my skin.

"Don't. Colton! No! ", Ross now says loudly and Lexi stirs in her sleep, turning towards us on the floor but not waking up. We put her on a blanket and she brought one from her room as well as a pillow. She didn't feel like sleeping in her own room.

I think my and Anna's room is slowly turning into a motel. Everyone comes here and sleeps over whenever the hell they want to.

Ross gets my attention again when he starts breathing quicker than usual and kicking the side of my bed. I lay my palm on his arm and try shaking him. He doesn't wake up still.

"No! I don't wanna go to rehab!", he yells and pushes me. I can't possibly stay on bed after his strong push and I fall to the floor, straight on sleeping Lexi who lets out a yell of desperation.

"Laura! What the heck?!", Lexi groans and I shake my head when I get off of her.

"What's going on?", Anna's sleeping voice surrounds us as well as her frowning, tired eyes.

"I can't wake Ross. He's having some kind of weird dream. ", I explain and kneel next to him.

His face is turned into the saddest expression and he looks as if he might just start crying.

"Please wake up. ", I beg him as I shake him roughly. "I don't wanna see you in this state. "

He only frowns more and squeezes my pillow. Both girls stare at me as I try reason with Ross and Jas stays asleep, being the heavy sleeper.

That's when he mumbles a girl's name with a low voice. "Naomi.."

It sends chills down my spine. I stop for a second and try to recollect my thoughts. 

Well, we were talking about Jasper's sister, so maybe he heard the name while he was half asleep and the story affected him subconsciously. 

There's no need to worry.. Right?

Right. 

I breathe in once or twice. I need to be mature. I can't let this get to me.

"That's it ", I slap the Blondie right across the face a few times. "Just open your eyes, moron!"

Let's say it's only to wake him up, although it also has a 'don't say other girls' names in your sleep, idiot' motive.

Ross gasps as he sits up and breathes heavily. His lips tremble and crack from sourness, letting a little blood appear on his bottom lip. Like the bloody moon.