Chapter 36

After she gets her foot checked, we find out she's wrenched her ankle badly. It was almost a fracture but she's lucky that she didn't resist the fall because that would definitely damage her even more. Laura ended up in bandages around her foot and we all together went to Colton and Kate's house.

Kate already knew Laura was hurt since Colton told her over the phone so she greeted us with coffee on the table.

Kate lets us inside, leading us to the livingroom.

"I prepared coffee. I know how each of you likes it. ", she says and sits down on the big couch. "How is your foot?"

Laura sits on one of the chairs and whimpers until she finds an acceptable position. "I'm okay. It's just a little sprained. "

"Are you going to keep doing your exams or just check in for another time?", Colton's wife asks Laura.

She shrugs. "I'm going to finish them up now. Why would a small injury make me wanna prolong this torture of studying?"

"It's not a small injury", I protest quietly. It gets on my nerves how she acts tough all the time.

"It's good that your spirit's right at least. ", Kate tells her and makes a painful face. "I'm too lazy to go pee. Somebody bring me the bathroom heree.."

I chuckle and Colton rolls his eyes, telling her off. "Don't be so dull. Get up and pee. "

"But my tummy hurts. ", she crosses her arms on her chest. "You're a bad hubby. "

Colton's eyes spread. "Me? What the heck did I do?"

"You're not sympathizing with me. "

"Sympathize with what? You have two arms, two legs.. You're healthy. I don't know why you're complaining. "

"Huh. You were way nicer before we got married. "

They continue to bicker lightly and I try to make my own conversation with Laura, sitting next to her on a wooden chair.

"Laur, how's the leg now?", I question and she rolls her eyes at me and sips her coffee with milk.

"It's fantastic. You can tell by the bandages covering the blue swelling that I'm just ready to run a marathon right now. ", her answer is cold and it makes me huff.

"Why so mean? "

"It's not mean, it's called being sarcastic", she says 

"Well, sorry that I was concerned. Idiot ", I say, unhappy that she's still mad.

"If you hadn't started such a big fight with Ethan, none of this would have happened. ", Laura says angrily.

Colton and Kate turn their attention to us to hear what happened since none of them was given an explanation. My eyes fill with venom as I remember him talking shit about Laura.

"Yeah. What exactly happened out there?", Colton asks and my gaze stays on my girlfriend.

"Do you know why I hit him? Huh? I guess you have no idea. You just sit there judging me and spilling your sarcasm but you have no damn clue that I was defending you back there. Go ahead now, get mad because I can't talk about something that made a really big scar on me in the past exactly when you want me to, instead of giving me time like a reasonable, understanding woman. ", I raise my voice but it's not quite shouting yet.

"Calm the fuck down, Blondie. I ain't taking shit from you. ", Laura tells me sternly and I sit back. "You are the one that isn't talking about himself. How do you expect me to know you then? Am I the only one who is entitled to change her life for you? And apart from that, how did you defend me, from what?"