Chapter 23

After Kate, Diana and I somehow carried Ross and Colton down to Diana's car, we drove away with everyone feeling drowsy and sleepy. Two of them were unconscious, just mumbling incoherent words in their sleep.

Kate was in the passenger's seat next to Diana and I was in the back with the guys. Colton leaned his head against the window behind Kate's seat, sleeping and I pressed mines against the window behind Diana. Ross was in the middle and he just kept tossing around until his head fell on my shoulder. I stiffened and looked down at him. He had this frown on his face but he was cute sleeping. His mouth was slightly open and I stare it, remembering the way his lips felt on mine.

When we arrived, Diana had already phoned two of her colleagues in the hospital and they were waiting for us with beds on wheels. After they placed Colton and Ross, they rode them away into one of the rooms and left us in the waiting hall. Diana went her own way, telling us she'll be late for work and to let her know what's happening. Kate had her phone number.

Stupid Blondie and stupid Colton had to have alcohol poisoning and needed gastric emptying right away. Doctors said that they haven't seen a case like theirs in a long time. Of course they'd be fine, it's just alcohol and we are young, but they need a day or two to recover.

Their nurse said they haven't drunk only beer. They obviously mixed something stronger and beer while we weren't there.

The woman let us in and we sat by their sides until they woke up.

In the meantime, Kate said her head hurts and that she wasn't feeling fine so I had to babysit her. It's hard job being a good friend, sheesh, I just wanna lie down and sleep this day away.

"My head hurts. ", Colton groans when he opens his eyes and sits up.

"Drink water. ", I order him and stand up to give him the glass I prepared.

"What happened? Where are we?", he slowly speaks and frowns at the light coming from the window.

"You two took away my daily dose of sleep, that's what happened. Now drink. ", I demand. He listens and gives me back the glass once he finishes all of it.

I look at Ross. He isn't waking up yet.

"Where's Kate?"

"She's in the bathroom. "

"Oh. Okay. ", her husband lies back on his pillow and closes his eyes.

Ross stirs in his sleep and I stand next to his bed, expecting him to wake up. Feelings inside of me battle one another as if trying to decide which one is stronger. This unexplainable need to take care of him wins and my hand without thinking gently swipes across his forehead.

"I am so gonna troll you for this when you come to your senses. ", I tell him and grab a towel to wipe the sweat off of his face.

I bend down to see him more closely and feel myself blushing. His face is close and he's cute even though in this condition.

"I just hope you don't have a fever because you spent the whole night out in the cold on that terrace. ", I whisper to him and look away. "Stupid Blondie. "

I don't even notice Colton looking at me in a questioning way, as if trying to understand. I only see his eyes on me when I look up to check if he's fine.

"Laur, do you like Ross?", Colton then surprises me by asking.

My heart starts beating fast and I immediately straighten my back and sit on one of the chairs. "What?"

"I asked if you liked him. "

"What are you saying?", I stammer and look away. "Sheesh.. of course not! What goes in your head, Colton?"