Chapter 12

Ross' POV

"Lydia, I am warning you. ", I point a finger at her. "We had a deal you'll stop talking shit and hating on people around me. Laura is a friend, why shouldn't I help her?"

"Because she's a woman!"

"Fucking sexist.. ", Anna mumbles under her breath. I glare at her and she raises her hands in surrender. "Have I said something that isn't true?"

"You..", Lydia turns to Laura and points a finger at her. "Ugh. You dare just come into our lives and mess with my man? He's never talked back to me until he met you on that wedding!"

I am boiling and Laura just cracks up laughing in her own witchy but cute kind of way. It annoys me, considering the situation we are in, but I love her laugh in general.

"Well, maybe it's good that we met then. Now he isn't just a big pussy wrapped around your finger. I am proud of him. ", Laura insults me and encourages me at the same time, being her weird self.

I almost smile but the annoyance gets the best of me. I just want this conversation to stop as soon as possible and the current embarassment to go away.

"Just shut up, both of you. I don't wanna talk about this. ", I sit back on the couch and take one more sip of my drink. It all spins around me slowly.

"You are proud of him?", Lydia chuckles. "If it's your place to be proud of him, are you also proud that we slept tonight? "

Fucking shit I'm gonna kill her.

Laura's expression is weird. For just a second she shows such vulnerability that it shakes me to the core, the next moment she holds the coldest, most emotionless face ever.

"Not really. Sex is basically the only reason he was ever with you. Are you proud?", Laura intensively stares into Lydia's eyes.

Lydia is taken back and doesn't know how to respond for a second. Then collects the pieces of her mind and talks. "Why we are together is not your business. You better start planning out how to get your own boyfriend rather than try to steal mines. At least I have Ross in any way and what do you get? His scripts from the classes? ", Lydia laughs at her and all that's slowing me down breaks. I stand up and push her away.

"Shut the hell up. I said I don't want to talk about this thing anymore. Do you want to cause a fight? She has my scripts and that's not something to belittle, in case you wanna know, she should be proud because that's my friendship. You think I'd do something like that for anyone? Yeah right, like I have no better business than to waste my time. I do shit when I care and I didn't even want anyone to know about this, including her. I hate you both for making this my dare. ", I glare at Kate and Anna who just look away and giggle.

"So you admit that you care?", Lydia gasps.

I nod. "Yeah, I do. She's a childhood friend. If you have a problem with that, exit is that way. ", I point a finger at the door.

Lydia just hangs her head low and shakes it. She sits back down but this time not in between Laura and I but on my left instead, while Laura stays on the right. My girlfriend leans away from me and makes herself comfortable against the armrest, looking like she's thinking deeply.

I just sit there for a moment not paying attention to anyone. Anna starts talking something and I feel a buzz in my pocket. Taking out my phone, my hand is slippery and shaky but I don't drop it.

"Thank you" the message says. I glance at Laura and she gives me a small, sincere smile. I've never seen anything like it.

She rarely smiles and that's because she's honest in everything she does. That's what I appreciate about her the most.