Chapter 35

"Ross!", Laura chases across the street and someone inside the chasing red Ford Focus presses the honk at her and curses her out. I stop for a moment to see if the car will actually hit her but she runs faster than it comes. Luckly.

I breathe out because she steps on the sidewalk safely but I continue rushing in my own direction.

"Wait up. Oh my god! ", I hear her gasp and turn my head sideways to catch her with the side of my eye. "Ethan! Your face.. "

Ethan is holding up his nose in front of the place where I beat him up. I turn around and watch their interaction. My nostrils flare.

"Get away, Laura. ", he tells her and Laura steps back. "It's all because of you, always. You're a real bitch, causing problems for people whenever, wherever. "

I stop in my tracks. He's really begging for me to kill him. 

Laura's eyes raise in a questioning way and she gives him a hard look. "You call me a bitch? Nothing I wouldn't expect. You are a piece of crap anyway. I was just bored and decided to spare you some time back then, when we were a thing. You were always annoying. I hope you rot in hell. By the way, Lexi is on a level way above yours. She doesn't even need such a pitiful guy in her life so thanks for removing yourself from it. "

Ethan makes a move I would never expect and grabs her shoulders tightly, pushing her to the ground. Loud gasp falls from Laura's lips when she hits the ground roughly. I lose all my arrogance and attitude towards her. I'm already running back to defend her  and yelling out for the two of them to stop when he walks through the heavy snow and lands a slap on her cheek.

Laura grabs his hand and twists it while her heel breaks into his ankle forcefully. Ethan slips and falls to the ground in front of her and Laura crawls back, pushing herself with hands and her right foot. With an aggressive move, I kick Ethan away from her and he groans in pain. I step on his face.

"You fucking bastard. You don't dare lay a hit on me, but dare hit a woman? "

"She's not a woman. She's a whore. Fuck you both. " he murmurs, holding his bleeding face. 

I hit him with my foot once again for that thing he said.

I walk away from him and approach Laura from behind and put my hands under her arms, gently raising her up. She winces when she steps on her left foot.

Her face is naturally white as snow, only the tip of her nose and cheeks were bathed in the rosy color. The right cheek is redder than the left, having a mark of Ethan's hand on it. I make a horrified face. She's hurt..

"Does your leg hurt?", I ask her but she shakes her head 'no', even though she's obviously in pain.

I'm an idiot too, for not turning back when she called me and stubbornly walking away. I could've prevented this.

Ethan stands up but I can't go kill him since backing up Laura is more important at the moment.

"You and I know you're playing with him anyway. ", Ethan laughs as he stands on his unsteady feet, turning around and walking further away from us.

I look up at the white sky and then close my eyes, trying to calm myself. "Fuck. "

"What's his problem? " she breathes out quietly, through the pain.