Make It Up To You - Stefan

Could my day get any worse?

Oh yes, it could.

I stomped my way into the Salvatore Boarding House with a mean attitude as Damon answered the door. He gave me a confused look as I shoved my way past him and went directly into the kitchen to pour myself a drink.

"Whatever caused you to be in this mood, leave me out of it." He stated, turning the other direction but quickly stopping as I ran in front of him to block his way.

"Where's the good wine?"

"Why are you here?" He asked, completely ignoring my question.

"I live here." I snapped.

He knew full well why I was here.

"No, I meant why are you here bothering me? Go find your boyfriend to pester instead."

"Stefan isn't home yet." I complained. "He said he would meet me here."

"Yes, I know he isn't home yet." Damon growled, annoyance in his voice. "He's left you here to irritate me."

"Rude." I hissed back as he walked into the kitchen with me following closely on his heels.

Damon walked towards the kitchen cabinets, pulling out a bottle and slamming it, along with a glass, on the countertop. As he popped the top of the bottle off and poured me a glass, I looked at it curiously.

"This is your best?" I asked.

"Don't complain, sweetheart. It doesn't look good on a woman your age."

"Screw off, Damon." I snarled, taking the glass off the counter and taking a long sip. As the liquid burned its way down my throat, I began to cough. "What the hell is that?"

"Bourbon." He grinned.

"You know I hate bourbon! It tastes awful!"

"It's not supposed to taste good. It's supposed to put you to sleep so you don't bother me anymore." Damon grumbled, taking the glass from my hand and grabbing the bottle of bourbon as he left the room.

"What the hell, Damon?!" I screamed, walking after him and stopping the moment I saw Stefan walk through the front door.

"It's about damn time you got home." Damon huffed, dunking back the bottle of bourbon. "Stefan, your human is out of control!"

"The great Damon Salvatore can't handle a few minutes with my girlfriend?" Stefan joked, walking past his brother to greet me where I stood standing at the end of the hall.

"She's not normal." Damon yelled as he walked up the stairs to his bedroom.

I scrunched up my nose as I watched him disappear out of my line of sight, but quickly turned to greet Stefan.

"Hello, baby." He smiled, placing a sweet kiss on my forehead. "Did you have fun driving Damon crazy?"

"I just wanted a drink." I pouted. "I had a shitty day and all he could do was pretend to give me a glass of wine when in reality, it was bourbon. He knows how much I hate bourbon."

"I'm sorry about my brother, Gabs." Stefan sighed, taking my hand and leading me into the kitchen. "How about I get you something to drink while you tell me about what's wrong?"

"Okay." I nodded, allowing him to lead me back into the kitchen as he poured me a glass of actual wine.

"So, what happened to make your day such a bad one?"

I loved it when he showed interest in my life.

"It was school. Elena was being a bitch to me again."

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with her." Stefan replied sincerely.

"It's okay, Stefan. With every man comes a jealous ex. I understand."

"I know, but I still want to make it up to you. How does a warm bath sound?"

"Amazing." I grinned, taking the glass of wine from his outstretched hand.

"I'll go make it while you hang out down here, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. "Thank you, Stefan."

"Anything for my girl." He smiled, turning to leave.

"Hey, Stef?"

"Yeah?" Stefan paused, looking back at me with a smile.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Gabi." He replied, walking over and pulling me into a warm bear hug.