I've Missed You - Damon & Stefan

Plot request by Arzoo16199 💕

-

It's quite the experience to have your life flash before your eyes. It's another to have it on reply over and over and over again. I don't know how long I've been in this state, but I do know that I could recite each and every moment of my human life by heart. I had seen it more times than I could count, reliving each part as if I were witnessing it as a spectator, however, I couldn't move, speak, or do anything to help myself. I just had to sit back and watch as my life fell apart time after time again. The first few times were okay, but after awhile, it got so obnoxiously repetitive that I felt like I was going insane. The worst part was watching how I died, my own mother being the one to kill me. Each time I would watch her come for me in my sleep, as if I were a fly on the wall. I would wince as she covered my face with a pillow, waiting to see if I had stopped breathing, before she silently slipped out of the room. The last part I would see was my brothers and father, believing that I had passed away in my sleep, not knowing the true reason for why I wasn't alive anymore. After that, I would get to see a quick glimpse of my brothers turning into vampires following my death before it would start all over again. I would be born, go through my childhood, into the teen years, hit eighteen and then bam! I was gone and it would all start over.

But then one day, the torture and insanity was gone.

I awoke in a grave, throwing open the lid to my coffin and beginning to cough up soil until my eyes burned in rage. As I crawled my way out of the ditch that I had spent what felt like a thousand years in, I became accustomed to the dark forest around me. Attempting to dust off as much of the dirt that I could, I began my journey into the real world. Being in a sleep-like state for so long, it was like I had to learn to walk again, to talk again. I wandered around the forest for hours, desperately trying to find some way out. Eventually, I came across a rather large house, one bigger than anything I had ever seen. I made my way up a gravel path towards the front door, thinking that I would ask for help from whoever lived in this mansion. As I raised my hand to knock on the door, it suddenly opened for me and I came face to face with a tall girl with long brown hair.

"Oh, hello." She smiled warmly. "Can I help you?"

"I was just looking for someone to tell me where I am." I replied slowly, wording my sentence carefully as I remembered how to talk.

"You're in Mystic Falls, Virginia." The girl replied.

"Mystic Falls?" I whispered in disbelief. "I'm still here?"

"Where are you from exactly?" The girl asked in a confused manner.

"Could you tell me what year it is?" I cut her off, dreading to hear her answer.

"Um, sure. It's 2014."

"What?!" I gasped out, realizing it had been one hundred and fifty years since I was last alive. "No, that can't be. I couldn't have possibly-"