Chapter 10: I'm Yours

The winter was still cold, but some of the snow had melted. It was only about three inches deep.

Bundled up, Aaron and Aphmau went outside. They were mostly glad to be out of the station. Impact was running around the station. So full of energy he could have powered an entire building.

But if they weren't so giddy. They might have noticed the figure walking right to them.

"Aaron, Catch!" Aphmau shouted, a snowball flying out of her hand.

He caught it and held it in his hand. Before throwing it at the back of Impacts head.

He fell head first into the snow, his tail stuck up like a board.

They burst out laughing. Except Impact, he didn't think it was so funny.

Then Aaron felt a change, and heard footsteps that weren't his or Aphmau's.

He turned to look on the far side of the station. There he saw a man, at least he thought it was a man. Walking to them, he must have seen that Aaron was looking at him. Because he waved.

"Aphmau, go get my mask." He said, startling the poor girl.

"What, Why, what's wrong?!"  She asked, hooking onto his arm.

"I don't know yet, go get it. Then go inside." He replied. Looking down at her.

"O-Okay..." She went to go get his mask. And came back moments later with it.

"Here. I don't know what's going on, but be careful." She kissed him quickly in the cheek. And then hid in the garage.

Just in time too, because the man knocked on the door. Impact barked threateningly, and showed his teeth.

"Down, Down boy." Aaron said in his rough facade. He didn't know who this man was and wasn't going to give himself the honor of finding out.  

Impact didn't silence, in fact it just made him louder. It actually made Aaron glad, it gave an extra level of intimidation. He clipped on his mask. And opened the door.

A rough looking man, with crooked teeth and matted black hair greeted his eyes. He had a huge fake smile etched on his face.

"Hey, I know you don't know me, so I won't take up much of your time." He began his routine, licking his lips.

"I'm looking for a... friend of mine. Have you seen her?"

Aaron rolled his eyes, another slave holder looking for an escaped slave.

"Depends, what does your "friend" look like?" Aaron responded, leaning against the doorframe.

"Well she had black hair, caramel eyes, she's about 5'2 and-"

"Why do you need Aphmau?" Aaron said abruptly. Red flags going off inside his brain.

"Oh, so you know her? Is she here?" He got really excited. And Aaron eyeballed the handcuffs hooked to the man's side.

"You didn't answer my question."

The man looked up at Aaron in his mask, somehow, the man didn't feel the threatening tension.

"So? she's mine, I've already said that." He tried to push Aaron out of the way.

That was a big mistake.

Aaron gripped him by the neck and held him up to the ceiling. The man struggled, his handcuffs falling out of his pocket.

"I demand you let me go, you damn waster, she's my slave, I want her back."

Aaron grinned, this is what he was waiting for.

He slung the man into the wall next to the bed. And he slumped over, blood pouring out of his nose. And a dull thud resounded through out the station.

"You shouldn't have dropped her off in my territory then. She's mine now."

Aphmau poked her head out of the garage door and saw him slumped on the floor. She hid behind Aaron's back and scowled at the man.

"Hah, you're no better than me bud." He said in a croaking voice. His attention flicked to Aphmau. And a crooked grin found itself on his face.

"Come home Baby, I'll try to be gentle with you this time." He said to her, landing him a growl from Aaron.

"No..." She said quietly, almost afraid to speak.

"What, speak up girl." You could tell he was trying to be pleasant to her.

But it wasn't going to work a second time.

"I said, NO!" Her voice resounded of the metal walls. Her hands balling up into fists.

"You don't really have a choice, I mean what does he have that I don't? What, does he feed you a fraction more if you-"

Aphmau had kicked him in the nose, that was now not only bleeding, but broken in several places as well.

Aaron chuckled, he had wondered when she'd crack. "Oh I'm much better than you, I might have her, but she has me too."

He stomped on his fingers, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, and threw him out the door and into the snow.

The man looked back enraged, but ran away holding his nose. Shouting:

"I will get her back pal, just you wait!"

Aaron let him get out of sight before closing the front door.

He turned around to face Aphmau and she flung herself on him. And he hugged her.

"Did you mean that?" She asked, looking up at him. Leaning into his chest.

He smiled and caressed her cheek, he had totally and completely fallen for her.

"Of course, I... Already told you how I feel."

She nuzzled into his chest and pulled him down to kiss her.

"You know I'm yours right?" He asked, looking right into her eyes.

"Yeah, and I am yours as well." She replied, smiling.

Impact wagged his tail and nuzzled their legs. He was happy that the strange man was gone. And his masters were happy.

But outside, the man was already planning to get his property back. Holding his nose and flexing his throbbing fingers. He looked into the station to see them nuzzled into each other.

"Well man, either you've fallen for her, or you know what your doing and you're just as underhanded as I am."

A/N
Guess who this mysterious man is.

The last sentence is a hint.

Guess who's got their mojo back baby!

That's right, Moi!