Chapter 25: Hangover

"Ugh..." Aaron groaned as he tried to get out of bed. But once again pain shot through his head.

What the hell happened last night?

He turned over to see that Aphmau was gone, along with Aurora. It didn't worry him, they were probably out somewhere.

Huffing, he sat up, his head pounding.

He didn't remember last night, it was really fuzzy.

"Get up big guy..." A voice from somewhere in the room startled him, and the sudden movement made him hurt even worse.

"Who's there." He winced at his own voice.

A man stepped into view, it looked like Garroth, but much older, and with a beard.

"I'm Garte, Aphmau's adoptive father, And you are Aaron I assume?" Like Garroth he had an accent, just not as strong.

"Yeah..., Uh, what are you doing in our room." He held his head. He regretted drinking.

"Well, My daughter for one thing, I came to check on her. But, it seems she's not here." He chuckled and shook his head.

"She never is..."

"And I wanted to see my granddaughter, but she's not here either." He finished.

"Yeah, uh, not to be rude, but I uh, had one too many last night..." Aaron started, chuckling and then wincing.

"Oh, okay then, here." Garte dug into his pocket. And pulled out an amulet and a white pill.

"Garroth wanted to give this back to you. Said it was important." He placed the amulet on the nightstand.

"And this should help with that headache." He gave Aaron the pill and gave him a polite smile.

"Come see me when you have time, I'd like to get to know you a little better." He left, closing and locking the door behind him.

Aaron popped the pill in his mouth and sighed. And he very slowly got up.

Little bits of last night came to him. But the more he tried to remember, the less he could.

Then he realized that his pants were unzipped, and unbuttoned for that matter. But he couldn't remember how they got like that.

He of course, fixed that, and walked out. He was a little lazy, so he went to the cafe.

Still holding his head, he noticed that it wasn't morning, and instead the middle of the afternoon.

How long had he been out?

He ran into Garroth, who was looking for his brothers, they had run off somewhere.

Laurance was drinking tea in the cafe and he looked over at him.

"Rough night?" Laurance asked, chuckling.

"Was it that obvious?" He asked him, hoping the pill would kick in soon.

"Yeah... You look like death dude." Aaron flashed him a look that said "thanks..." and sat down at the table.