Chapter 9

Thomas felt someone shake him awake.
'It can't be morning now' he thought as he opened his eyes to see Newt kneeling next to him.
"Newt, what's up?" Thomas asked as he sat up.
"I need to give you something" Newt said as he grabbed an envelope from his pocket "do not open it until the time is right"
"What is it?"
"You'll find out later, just promise me"
"But why?"
"Thomas, please"
"Alright"
"Good because your the only one I trust with this"
"Ok then, why aren't you asleep anyway?"
"I just can't, after what Janson said today..." Newt started and looked away
"Hey, Newt look at me" Thomas said as Newt turned his head back to Thomas. New tears had formed in his eyes.
"We'll fix this ok, we won't let you turn into a crank. I won't let you"
"Thanks Thomas, I really need a friend right now"
"You've always got me Newt and Minho and Frypan. Don't ever think you're alone" Thomas said  "Now, try and get to sleep, I'll stay up until you do" Thomas said as he followed Newt back to his bed.
As Thomas had said, he stayed up until he was sure Newt was asleep. He could tell Newt was stressing about having the Flare and that he was scared. Thomas knew that no matter what, he would stick by a newt until the end of time. He would never let anyone hurt his friend even if it meant taking a bullet for him. Thomas then went back to bed and fell into a deep slumber.