Chapter 13

Sorry that it's been a while. I'm on holidays now so these should come daily.

Thomas and Teressa were standing side by side as they saw Chuck get sent up into the maze.
"I can't take this anymore. I can't just keep watching them die" Thomas said and walked off leaving Teressa behind. He walked down a hallway until he saw a woman who stopped him in his tracks.
"Oh hi Mary" Thomas said
"What's wrong Thomas?"
"I can't stand watching my friends die anymore. I hate it"
"There is a way you can help them and the many other teenagers who are going through this"
"How?"
"What's the location of every Wicked compound?"

"Thomas, we have to go now" Brenda said shaking Thomas awake
"Ok"
"Remember, Newt will be fine"
"I know"
We all said goodbye to Newt and then headed out of the berg. We had to first go through security.
"Ok, remember I do all the talking" Jorge said
"Next" a security guard yells and we all move forward.
"Good morning sir, my name Jahn Carlos Zigalous and these are my children Rosa, Dylan, Ki Hong and Will" (I know, so original 😂)
"ID's please"
Jorge then hands over our fake ID's and the guard looks at them and back at us.
"Alright, go right through" the guard says and we go to the next area.
"Wait" Brenda says and we stop before entering. "Who else isn't immune out of us?" She questions and then I remember something. I have a flashback to when we were at The Right Arm and Brenda fell to the ground from being infected.
"You" I say
"Yeah, I'll stay behind with Newt. Even though they won't be able to detect me with the scanners because I've been healed thanks to Thomas, it's best not to risk it"
"Ok, yeah Brenda, be careful and look after Newt" Jorge says and Brenda nods then runs back to the berg.
After we all got scanned and were clear, we entered Denver. The city was huge.
"Welcome to Denver boys" Jorge says as we look around amazed.
"So where do we go?"

Jorge knocks on a door and we wait patiently until it opens revealing a man that looked to be in his early 40's.
"Jorge my man, how can I help you?"
"Hans it's great to see you. I have a request if you may?"
"Come right in and we'll talk business"
We walk inside Hans' house. The apartment was pretty big compared to how it looked outside.
"Hans, I'd like you to meet Gally, Minho and..."
"Thomas, yes, I've heard a lot about this one"
"You have?" Thomas asked looking confused.
"Well, you were always the favourite Thomas. As they said"
Thomas then remembered to what Alby said in the maze. 'You were always their favourite Thomas'. He shook the thought away.
"So, how I can help?" Hans asked as he sat down.
"You remember those chips that Wicked put in their heads?" Jorge asked
"Jorge, I promised myself that I'd avoid any business with Wicked..."
"I know but, please Hans. We can't get to The Right Arm base and again be swarmed by Wicked soldiers"
Hans stayed quiet. "So you want me to get the chips out from their brains?"
"Yes"
"You owe me if I do this"
"I know"
"Ok, I'll be right back"
When Hans left the room, Thomas stumbled.
"Woah, Thomas you feeling ok shank?" Minho asked
"My head, it hurts" he says grabbing at it.
A voice in his head kept saying 'kill Hans'. Wicked was taking control. He tried to fight it but lost. He then stood up straight, his eyes red.
"Thomas?" Gally asked
"Must kill Hans" the fake Thomas said and heads towards the door in which Hans went through.
"Thomas stop, this isn't you. Fight against Wicked!" Jorge yelled pulling Thomas back but was thrown and Thomas turned to his friends.
"Thomas, please fight them" Minho said dodging an oncoming punch.
"Where's Newt's crank side when you need it?" Gally asked
"I know"
"Alright, let's get this... What the heck is going on?" Hans asked who had returned
"Wicked's somehow taken control" Gally said
"Jorge, see if you can get close enough and insert this into his neck. It'll put him to sleep"
"If not?"
"I'll shoot a dart at him"
"Ok, Minho, distract Thomas"
"Oi, Shuckface, over here!"
Once Thomas was distracted, Jorge tackled him to the ground and inserted the needle and soon enough. Thomas was out.