Chapter 19

Thomas was at shooting practice so he could get a good aim for when they went to Wicked. He was normally pretty good at it but today, he couldn't get a single shot on the target. He then screams in frustration and throws the gun onto the ground. Ever since they left Newt, Thomas wasn't himself. He missed his best friend. The one who guided and help him be sane in the glade. The one who told him right from wrong. He was gone.
"What's gotten you all up tight?" Teresa asks coming into the shooting range.
"Oh hey Teresa, I can't even hit a target no more. I'm not myself"
"You miss him, that's all. Newt would be proud of you Thomas, for doing this. Continuing with the plan, he'd want that"
"I know it's just so hard, he was always there for me, telling me what to do and now... I don't even know anymore"
"I know it's hard Tom, but you'll get through it, we all will"
"Thanks Teresa"
"Now come on, I know you've got it in you to shoot that dummy in the head or chest. Just pretend it's Ava or Janson" Teresa says and they stand up and Thomas picks up the m64 rifle and has another go at shooting, picturing it to be Ava or Janson as Teresa had said and he didn't miss once.
"That's it Thomas, keep it up"

"So the plan is, Thomas, you'll be 'handing yourself over' to Wicked and then your going to be planting a device near the control room which will kill all their security systems. Then, we'll come running in and save the Immunes that Wicked have stolen. Is everyone clear on the main plan?" Vince asked
"Yes" everyone says
"Good to hear. Now, Thomas I'll be accompanying you on your journey to Wicked. Minho, Frypan and Gally, you three will be charging into the base with some of our other guards. Teresa and Aris, you guys are on security and will be in backup in case we need you"
"Sounds like a plan" Minho said
"Glad we all agree. Now, let's put it into action tomorrow"