Chapter 22

Thomas walks around a small cell that Janson put him in. He was trapped. He should've stuck with the plan that was allocated in the first place. I screams in frustration and throws his hands in the air. Just then the door unlocks and Thomas turns towards it. A guard then walks in.
"Time to go" he says and drags Thomas from the room and into another. It was similar to the med wing but smaller. In front of him, stood Janson and Ava.
"Thomas" Ava says and Thomas stays quiet and glares at them
"We're gonna be taking that cure from you so we can save the world and that is your only decision so, you better cooperate" Janson said
"I will never listen to you" Thomas says
"Well, this will be down the hard way then" Janson says but then there's a sudden explosion and sirens start going bazurck and Thomas smiles, knowing it's the Right Arm, in this moment, Thomas takes it as an escape and knees the guard holding him and runs from the room.
"Don't let him escape!" Janson yells and runs after Thomas.

"Thomas you shank, what happened to the bloody plan?" Minho questions
"Gee Vince don't keep his mouth shut. It still worked didn't it?"
"I suppose"
"Come on, we need to find the others" Thomas says and they start running.
"Vince said they'd be where the Immunes are, in the maze"
"What?"
"Yeah, you remember it?"
"Heck yeah and I've missed it"
"Well come on let's go"
They run through the door which lead to the maze and start running through the familiar twist and turns of their original life. They then get to the glade and Se lots of people, gathered in the middle and some familiar faces run over.
"Minho, Thomas you got in" Gally says
"Yeah, it wasn't hard" Minho said
"What do we do with all these people?" Frypan asks
"Thomas, Newt would want you to take charge, so do it" Teresa says and just hearing his name, ripped Thomas to pieces.
'Kill me!'
'Newt I can't!'
'Please Tommy please!'
Bang!
"Thomas?" Minho asked
"I can't, no I can't. He wouldn't want me to, not after..."
"After what?" Gally asked
"Guys, we need to focus on the task at hand" Aris said
"Fine, we need to start grouping them, children, women and men. Thomas and I will run through the maze up front, Fry and Teresa at the back, is that clear?" Minho questions and they all nod. They then start grouping people and when they've done that,  they run through the maze, the only way of escape. The place then started falling to pieces as The Right Arm blew it up.
"Hurry!" Gally yells
They then finally exit the maze but the same thing was happening in the compound.
"We need to find the flat trains, it's the only way of escape" Teresa said
"The what?" Frypan asks
"Just come on" Teresa says and they follow her and Aris

Alright, everyone go through, it'll lead to the safe haven" Aris said and people start running through. Once all through, the Gladers start heading through, that was until...
"You aren't escaping" Janson says who stands there with a gun.
"Too bad Janson, we are" Thomas says
"Especially not you Thomas. Not until we're finished"
"You are rat man!" Minho yells and then throws smothering at him.
"Come on let's go!" Gally says and they start heading through. Thomas then feels a electric shock go through his leg and Janson grabs him and tackles him to the ground.
"Thomas!" Frypan yells
"Go!" Thomas yells
"No, we're not leaving you" Teresa says
Minho then kicks Janson off of Thomas who scrambles to his feet with the help of Minho. Janson comes at them again But Teresa jumps in front with the help of Aris and start fighting Janson. They get pushed to the floor and Janson goes for Thomas and starts throwing punches but Thomas dodges each one.
"Thomas look out!" Teresa yells and pushes him out of the way as debris falls from the roof, crushing her.
"Teresa!" Thomas yells and goes over to her but she was gone. Tears spill from his eyes.
Janson comes up behind Thomas and goes to strangle him but Minho takes him on and a gun that was in Janson's belt slid across the floor.
"Thomas, grab the gun!" Minho ordered
'I hate you Thomas I hate you!'
"No I can't"
'This is all your fault!'
"It's right there just grab it!"
'I tried to kill myself, I hated every second of it!'
"Minho, I can't!"
'Shoot me or I will kill you!'
"Thomas hurry up!"
'Kill me, if you've ever been my friend, kill me'
"I won't!"
'Kill me Thomas!'
"I can't control him!"
'Shoot me! Kill me!'
"Thomas!"
'Please Tommy Please'
"Agh!"
Bang!
Bang!
Thomas turns around to see Gally holding the gun and that he'd killed Janson.
"Thomas why the hell did you do nothing, he could've killed me!" Minho yelled
"I'm sorry, you don't understand" Thomas said sadly
"What do I need to understand. Newt would be disappointed in you! He would hate you!"
"He already did! He blamed me! For everything! I killed him! I killed Newt!" Thomas screamed and then cried.
"You what?" Frypan questioned
"I shot him, on the way here. He blamed me for everything. He was going to hurt me. He screamed at me to kill him and I had to because he came back, for a second and said 'please Tommy please'. I didn't want to do it. I hate myself. I hate myself!"
"You could've bloody saved him Thomas! Why didn't you if your supposedly the shuckin cure?" Minho yelled
"I didn't know"
"Hey, that's not what matters. Newt, is better off now. He's no longer suffering. He's free. He wanted to die. He knew it would be best for him. Think about what Newt would've wanted, not what we want" Gally said
"Gally's right. Newt's better off now" Teresa said
"I miss him" Thomas said "I really didn't want to do it"
"We know, Minho..." Gally said
"I'm sorry, he's just... It's hard" Minho sighed
"I know, let's get out of here" Gally said and they walked through the flat trans.

They walked through the flat trans which lead to a luscious green surrounding with a beach.
"Woah" Minho says
"Guys, you made it!" Brenda says as her and Jorge approach them.
"Yeah we did" Minho said "well, some of us"
"Teresa?"
"Gone" Thomas says
"Sorry about that"
"Yeah"
"Anyway, this is a good place to start a fresh now. Like how everyone that we've lost would want. What us to remember them and live on" Gally said
"Again, he is right" Jorge says
"So, what do we do now?" Frypan asks
"We build a new life"

The end!!!