Chapter 21 & Happy New Year

The gun shot echoed throughout the scorch as silence arose from its depths. Thomas lay on the ground breathing hard, realisation having not sunk in yet. He sits up, hoping it was all just a dream but when he looks to his right, he realised what he had done. Newt, lay limp on the floor, with no life left in his eyes and his skin pale. Thomas looked at his hand which held the weapon responsible for his death and threw it to the ground and went over to Newt's body.
"Newt! Newt no! No! What have I done? What have I done? Newt!"
Thomas screamed and cried over his friends dead body. He didn't want to let Newt go. Not ever. Even if he had to one day, he wished it was not so soon or like this. Thomas hugged his friend, hoping that someway he could revive him but no, he was gone. Gone for good. Thomas felt someone grab him and he yelled. Telling them he didn't want to leave Newt. That he couldn't.
"Thomas we have to go, he's gone now. There's nothing you can do about him now" Vince says
"No! No I won't leave him!" Vince then drags Thomas away.
"No! Newt! No!"
He had just killed his own best friend. Newt was now free from the curse that had held him for so long. But in a way Thomas wished he wasn't.

Thomas trudged his way towards Wicked headquarters, the killing of Newt still running through his head. Tears fell from his eyes. His friend was now gone and he couldn't change it. He was angry. Angry at Wicked. He knew there was a plan to follow but, he wanted to change that. He wanted to fight, not pretend to hand himself over. He then reached the doors and looked them up and down. He then pressed the buzzer and the hid around the corner.
"Thomas, you know we can see your every move, what are you doing?" Vince questions.
"Changing the plan, I want them all dead"
"Thomas your not thinking straight, back away now"
"No, goodbye Vince" he says and shuts off his communication system blocking them from seeing his view or hearing what he was saying. A guard opens the door and faces the other way to Thomas so he takes this chance to knock the guard out. He grabs the key card and run inside. The familiar halls of Wicked now surrounded him. He walked through the many halls that brought bad memories back. He then heard the voice of Janson and Ava and had to hold back the urge of attacking them. He ran past the room they were in and headed towards the security headquarters. He grabbed the device that would shut it all down. He got to the door and planted it on the outside. He then turned on his head set.
"It's planted"
And then turned it off again. He then saw Janson heading his way. Anger filled him. Newt was dead because of these shanks. He hid round the corner and as soon as Janson passed him, he jumped out and tackled him to the ground and pinned him down.
"Thomas, what a surprise" Janson says
"Shut up! Newt is dead because of you and I'm going to kill you for it"
"How am I responsible, you killed him obviously?"
"If you had told me that I was the cure as soon as we got here then he'd still be alive!"
"We did not know until not long ago"
"I'm still gonna kill you!"
"Try your hardest, but you can't kill me, not when security has a hold of you" Janson says smiling and Thomas feels someone grab him and he tries to fight but gets knocked out with Janson's last words playing in his head
"Let's get the cure from him, he won't see tomorrow".