Chapter 17

"So what do we do now?" Brenda asked
"We can't just sit around and mope about Newt being gone as much as I hate to say. He wouldn't want that. He'd want us to find the Right Arm and stop Wicked for good like Thomas originally planned" Minho said and looked in Thomas' direction who was looking at his feet with his back to them.
"I'll talk to him" Gally said and walked over and sat beside Thomas.
"Hey, Thomas look at me, look at me" Gally said until Thomas looked up. "I know you miss Newt and think you failed him but the only way you'll do that is by sitting here and doing nothing"
"I know Gally, it's just hard to believe he's actually gone" Thomas said sadly
"I know, it's shocking really but we can't let Newt turning into a crank be for no reason because if it is, well, we all failed him"
Thomas was silent.
"So, we gonna continue with the original plan? Find the Right Arm and destroy Wicked?"
"Yeah, it's the only option" Thomas said and they got up. "But if we're going to do this, we do it in Newt's honour, a leader, a friend. We will knock down Wicked's doors and kill every soldier remembering all the pain they've caused us. For Newt" Thomas said
"For Newt" Jorge, Brenda, Minho and Gally chorused.
"Alright, let's do this".

The next day, the group spilt up so they could cover more ground with finding the Right Arm. The three Gladers were in one group and Jorge and Brenda in the other. They'd been searching for 15mins when Thomas thought he saw someone familiar in the distance.
"Teresa?" He asked as they got closer. He then recognised the hair and the figure of the person and then bolted in front of Minho and Gally who looked at each other and followed.
"Teresa, stop!" Thomas yelled and the girl turned around and it was Teresa.
"Thomas! Oh my god, your ok" Teresa said hugging Thomas.
"Woah, haven't seen this familiar face in a while" Minho said from behind
"Minho, Gally your here too" Teresa said hugging the two boys. "Where's Newt, Brenda and Jorge?"
The boys went quiet and a tear rolled down Thomas' face from the memory coming back to him.
"Guys, where are they?"
"Brenda and Jorge are searching the city for the Right Arm and Newt well..." Minho started
"What about Newt?"
"He's gone" Thomas said and looked down at the ground.
"Gone? What do you mean by that, he's not..."
"No, he's not dead, he's worse than that. The guards found him on the berg and took Newt to the Crank Palace and we went to get him and well, it's not Newt. He shot Thomas" Gally explained
"He shot you?" Teresa asked Thomas
"Yeah, so we left him and I failed him. I was meant to kill him there and then. I think he was trying to anger me or something"
"I'm sorry guys"
"Rather just forget about it, not the old Newt though"
"So, where's the Right Arm?" Minho asked

"You guys found Teresa" Brenda said when the group was together again.
"Yeah, and she knows where the Right Arm is" Gally said
"Well, that's great, let's go" Jorge said
Just then a police car came running at them and the group jumped away with Thomas on one side of the car and the others on the opposite side. Just then Janson's face appeared in front of Thomas which angered him.
"Finally found you Thomas, thought you could get away with taking the chips out? Your wrong, I have eyes everywhere"
"What do you want Janson?" Thomas asked angered
"I want you to come back to us Thomas, we need you for the cure you can help so many people"
"My only reason to find that cure is gone! Because of you and your bloody shanks back at Wicked, Newt is gone! And for that you will pay!" Thomas yelled and threw a rock at the screen which shattered and before he could do anymore damage, he was grabbed by Minho which made Thomas stop being angry and he just fell to the ground crying. He missed Newt a lot. His best friend was gone because of Wicked.
"Thomas calm down, what happened?" Minho asked
"Janson bloody showed up and they're watching us"
"How'd he show up?"
"On the screen of the car that I smashed"
"Don't let him get to you, we can't let him win"
"Ok, let's keep going"