Sometimes, You Need To Learn To Let Go Of The Things You Love

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter Twenty: Yemini Coven

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

We stayed at the hospital, Xhiani still fast asleep as we paced around in the waiting room. It's been three hours since they left to find Tatiana and still, there wasn't any news about them. I sighed, standing up from the chair as I exhaled deeply, making my way toward Xhiani's room. I brushed my arms at the cold, closing the door behind me. I grabbed the remote and changed the temperature, placing the remote back on the counter. 

I found her shivering and grabbed the blanket, pulling it on top of her to warm her up. I kissed her forehead and brushed her hair as she curled up, whining. "Sh, It's okay." I stayed with her for a few moments and walked out after she had fallen asleep and was more calm.

I closed the door behind me and made my way toward my mother, sitting down next to her. "Any news?" I asked my mother who shook her head and glanced at my aunt with a gasp, standing up. "Tatiana?" Tatiana? I turned around as I watched my aunt running toward her as she pulled her into a hug, checking her out for any injury.

"Mom." She broke down as she pulled her into a hug, "You were right. I should have listened to you." She wrapped her arms around her as she sobbed uncontrollably, "He was working for Vixon this whole time and I, like an idiot thought he had good intentions."

"It's okay, he will pay for what he did." My aunt gritted out angrily, leaning her down on her shoulder as she brushed her fingers through his hair. "Let's go home, you can bath, eat and sleep. I'll call your father and tell him that you're save."

Tatiana nodded her head and I gave her a small smile, stepping forward as I met her halfway, pulling her into a hug. "I could have never thought that Scar had bad intentions, he seemed really into you. I was shocked when Xhian told me that he was his cousin."

"How were you able to forgive Xhian after learning that he was with you just to hurt you? How were you able to stay with him after learning the truth?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I gave her a short smile, "You know what? I forgave him because he changed his mind halfway through, I saw the change in him. He really wanted to be with me, his feelings were real."

"When I found out that he was from the enemy side, I was angry, but I was more proud to know that he wanted nothing to do with Vixon's plan. My daughter changed him, our love changed him. Why give it up? I loved him too much to give that up."

"You say loved, don't you love him now? You got your memories back, your daughter back, you can be happy again. Now that Vixon's plan had failed, there is no need to hide anymore. If you forgave him before why can' you forgive him now?"

"It's more complicated than that, I lost, my real life, my fake life, I lost my daughter, I lost every moment I always wanted to spent with her. You know that, you know how much I wanted to learn my daughter how to walk, how to talk and I didn't got to have that." By now we were both in tears.

"I understand if you don't want to forgive Scar, it's okay to think about you and your feelings. It's okay to give yourself time to process this. Sometimes, you need to learn to let go of the things you love, even though it hurts."

We pulled each other into a hug as we both cried, "It's not that easy, not with a baby." I froze when we pulled away from each other, "I don't know how to do this Yemini, I'm not strong like you, I'm not brave like you or bold like you. I don't know how to handle this, I don't think time will heal what I'm feeling."

"I'm not strong, I'm not brave, I'm not even bold. Life, made me strong, situations that put me in a position, I never though I'd be made me brave. Lies, and being put in situations I never wanted to be because people made decisions for me, made me bold. Life experiences are what makes you who you are today, you're getting there. You will be strong, you will be brave, and you will be bold."