Just because you can't see something with your eyes

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter eight: Yemini Covin

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Tell me again why I accepted going with Tatiana to that pool party. I groaned, slumping on her bed, "Hurry up, it's a freaking pool party, wear some shorts and a tiny bikini, you have some amazing boobs, that Scar dude will be drooling at those melons."

"The things you say Yemini." She scolded at me as she fixed her top, looking side to side. I crawled off the bed and headed toward her, "Hey! What are you doing?" I untied her hair and ruffled them as I went to stand in front of her.

"Much better." I whirled around and grabbed a lip gloss from her vanity, turning around. "Your lips need some shine." I put gloss on her lips and added some mascara on her, giving her lashes some volume.

"Yemini, I'm going to a pool party not a fashion show." She rolled her eyes at me and groaned when I added blush on her cheeks. "Hey!" I touched her boobs and fixed them in her bikini.

"Much better, wait." I tied her top in the front to show her flat stomach and she untied it, pushing it down. "Tatiana, it's been four years, they are healed already. You need to show them sooner or later."

"Stop it Yemini, I don't feel comfortable with them." She gritted out at me as she pushed past me, brushing her hair into a messy bun. "Are you ready to go or not? He just texted me the address."

She put her phone in her bag and I sighed, following her with my eyes. "Yes, let's go. But Anna, you have to tell him sooner or later about the scars and that that's why Drake rejected you."

"For what ha?" She whirled around to tell me, "For him to leave me too after seeing how hideous I look? That after this face there's a body full of hideous scars? Forget it Yemini."

"Who told you that? Not everyone is like Drake, he was a douche for rejecting you just for that. If what you're telling me about that Scar guy is right, he is nowhere near Drake. He will accept you the way you are." I tried to reason with her but she wouldn't bulge.

"Forget it okay, I'm not going anymore." She tossed her bag on her bed and slumped down on her bed, crossing her arms. I groaned with a sigh and a roll of an eye in frustration. "You will stand him up for you stupid tantrum? Sorry Tatiana, but he doesn't deserve it and he really seems into you. The Tatiana I know would never do that." I scolded at her before grabbing my bag, heading toward the door.

"Fine, you're right. He doesn't deserve it." A smile made its way up my face and I pressed my lips together, turning around to face her. "Drake was a douche that didn't know my worth, and I will not let him ruin this."

Tatiana Slayer

I turned to look at Yemini as we parked the car in front of a house before turning to look at the house that the party was being held in. There was a stair made of wood that reached a porch, people drinking and going in and out of the house and on the other side was a drop that leaded to some trees and bushes.

I got out of the car and closed the door, turning to look at Yemini who did the same thing. We looked up at the party going and my head snapped in the direction of the woods when we heard noises.

Four shirtless guys walked out of the woods, Scar in the middle. I bit my bottom lip, while Yemini gawked, "Are these guys real?" Scar glanced up at me, his grey eyes focusing on me as he made his way up the drop with his other friends.

I cleared my throat and moved my lips around as I grazed down my bottom lip. "I'm Yemini, Tatiana's cousin. She talked about you a lot." I suppressed the need to slap her as she introduced herself to Scar. "And these are?"