Mommy?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter Fourteen: Yemini Coven

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"For an amazing night, we did it. We got the money and had the best night of our lives, cheers." We toasted our glasses and chucked the drink down our throat, clearing it. We burst into laughter after and shook our heads. Everyone left and we were just sprawl around on the floor with a bottle of tequila and shot glasses, the bar already cleaned up as we did a little celebration of our own after.

"Guys, it's late and I need to work tomorrow. I got a gig at a modeling agency and I need to wake up at six so. Goodnight." I pushed myself up from the ground with the support of my hands, tumbling a little. Wow, I just hope that I can drive in this state.

"I'll be right behind you, see you around Ally." Tatiana spoke after me as she stood up herself and Ally stood up too, grabbing the bottle and we helped her with the glasses, the limes and the salt.

We wait for her to finish locking and we walked out together, getting in our cars after saying our goodbyes. I started my car and drove away, beeping the horn as both Tatiana and Ally did the same.

I turned on the radio, blasting music as I drove on an empty road, one to two cars passing next to me on the other lane but that's it, it was quite, dark and empty. I made sure to run as fast as I could but safe to reach home, it was a bit scary.

I hate driving late at night.

I screamed loudly, my car hitting something that just ran on the road before I could hit the brakes. My chest heaved up and down, unlocking the doors as I got out. I headed toward the front to see a wolf lying on the floor. Oh my God.

The wolf slowly turned back and it was a young child, around five. Oh, my, God. I just.....I leaned down on the floor, touching her to see if she was still alive. I sighed in relief when I found her pulse. Why was a five year old running in wolf form?

I looked around me to see if there was someone following her but I found nothing. I licked my lips as my chest heaved up and down and stood up, walking toward my car as I opened the back door. I went back toward her and picked her up, rushing toward the car as I put her inside.

I shrugged off my jacket and wrapped it around her, leaning in the car to grab a blanket. I always carry one, seeing that I like to go to the beach at night, for the cold. I placed the blanket on top of her and closed the door.

I got in the front and closed the door, driving and watching her through the rearview mirror. She was moving but didn't wake up. I drove more carefully this time and looked around me for danger as I drove to my house.

She hummed in pain and I stopped the car, turning to look at her as she touched her head and leaned up, clutching at the blanket as she glanced up at me. Her eyes filled with tears and I frowned at her in concern. "Are you hurt? Do you need something?" I pushed myself through the space between the seats as I touched her leg.

"Mommy." When she uttered that word, my eyes widened. "I finally found you mommy." Oh my God, I scared at her in shock, not knowing what to do. She must be confusing me with her mom. I couldn't be her mommy, I was eighteen for God sake's. I don't even remember being pregnant nor giving birth, she must be delirous.

I frowned, glancing down at the picture she had with her. I never realized she had it with her. "You're my mommy." I took the picture away from her and glanced down at a pregnant girl that looked awfully like me.

"What?" The guy standing right next to her was the guy I met in the woods, he was hugging her as they both smiled at the camera. Oh my God, I shook my head in disbelieve. Now everything made sense.

When he told me he knew more than I do at the pool party, I pushed the door open and headed out. "I know more than you think I do!?" He barked back at me and I pinned my lips together in a thin line. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I don't even know him and he claims to know about me more than I think? Who the hell is he?

He whirled me around and yanked up my shirt much to my protests, my hands leaning down my shirt. "Do you know where you got this scar from?" 

How Tatiana asked me what he said to me as if she knew something he wasn't suppose to tell, "Yemini, Yemini! Oh God there you are, what did he said? What did he told you?"

"You know him? You know him Tatiana?" I turned around as I asked her, walking toward her. She parted her lips as she shook her head, trying to deny it. "Who is he? Who is he Tatiana!" She parted her lips some more as she shook her head in astonishment.

"I, I......" She stuttered as she stared at me without knowing what to say.

When my mother talked to him as if she knew him, and spoke about a spell they did to me. My grandmother to be precisely, to wipe off my memories, "Oh my god, where did you find her?" I could hear my mother's voice as I was carried inside of a warmer place. "Is she okay? Tatiana told me what happened, did she recognized you?" My mother said again and I whimpered she knows him too?

"We can't keep toying with her mind, I know you want to protect her but this isn't the way. Making her forget you won't solve anything." My mother said as she tried to convince him. They've been toying with my mind? How could they? Tatiana was also in this? How can they lie to me like this?

"It's for the better, do you want what happened the last time to happen again? She was lucky to be alive, I won't risk it. I was way too naïve the last time. I won't let her go through that again." Jerk face spoke again and after that, my mother exhaled deeply.

"I'll call my mother."

When we talked in the woods, it wasn't a dream. It really happened, "Tell me, do I know you?" I stepped forward, eeying him up as I gritted my teeth. "Yemini....." I slapped him, I won't stand here and let him lie to me in my face. He did it since the day in the woods. He knew me all along, "No, if you're going to open your mouth to lie to me, don't tell me anything."

"All of this has an explanation." He said as he walked toward me, "I did it for your own good." I widened my eyes at that and shook my head with a scoff, "You were in danger, I only did it to protect you."

"To protect me? You lied to protect me! How was it? How was it seeing your mate and couldn't do anything? How was it seeing your mate being pleasured by someone else? Because if it wasn't for the heat I would have slept with him and you know what? I wouldn't have regretted it."

"Giving you up was worth it, I would rather see you alone or with someone else than buried because of me." He extended his arm to touch my face but I moved his hand away from my face. "I want my memories back." I told him as I stepped away from him, "And I will get them with or without your consent." He nodded his head at me and stepped forward, "What are you doing?"

"Giving you, your memories back." He cupped my face and tilted my head up, giving my lips a kiss. He started slowly, making sure that I was into the kiss before he deepened it. I gripped his biceps, my mouth moving in sync with his deeply.

My hands moved up, tangling in his hair. Our naked bodies plastered against each other as the kiss exalted. The heat from before took over my body, shooting through my whole system as his hands held my shoulder blades.

A gasp left my lips when something pierced through my skin, my eyes widened as he pulled away from me. "I'm sorry Yemini, but it's for the best." He wrapped his arms around my waist as my body started to shut down until I blacked out.

All the weird scenes I've been getting, not being able to link or place them together. Not seeming to remember living them. Now everything made sense. Why he didn't want me to know his name in the first place, how he kept appearing in my life as if he knew my circle. Was the story my mother told me even true? Did she lie to me?

The real question here is, was I even eighteen?