The Traitor Among Us

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter Eighteen: Yemini Coven

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

My grandfather came out bathed in blood, "They were tough, but not tough enough." They gave him a towel and he cleaned his hands, "Careen escaped." I sighed in relief, knowing that they didn't catch her. "But he said something very concerning." I frowned, "We have an enemy among us." He glanced up at me, "He is closer than we think."

Who can it be? I don't think someone from the dust killer has the courage to turn on my grandfather and my dad. So it has to be someone knew, but who? My eyes widened, no. I don't think so. He wouldn't, would he? But Tatiana and him hit it off pretty quick. Was he trying to get close to her just to hurt us?

My eyes went dark, Xhian must know him if it's true. "Yemini wait." But I was already heading toward the stairs. If Xhian was in to hurt me, he must know Scar. If he is in it, God spare him, I will shred him into pieces.

I walked up the stairs and pushed the door open, getting out. I slammed the door down as I headed toward my car. I yanked the door open and got in, turning on the switch as I drove on full speed to the house were Xhian was staying in the pack with Xhiani. 

I parked the car in front of the house and got out, slamming the door close as I headed toward the front house. I yanked the door open and took a deep breath, leaning on the door as I closed it.

"Do you want to eat this?" I heard Xhian asked Xhiani as I walked into the kitchen, "No daddy, I want nuggets." She crossed her arms as she pouted sadly. "Mommy!" Her eyes widened as she squealed, getting off the stool as she rushed toward me.

She pulled me into a hug and I stared down at her, not knowing how to react, I was still processing this whole thing. I got down to be at her height, "Can I talk to your dad?" She nodded her head and skipped out of the kitchen. 

I turned around as I watched her walk toward the living room as she sat down on the floor, playing with her toys. I turned around, my eyes a shade darker. "What's wrong?" I charged at him and pinned him against the fridge, my hand wrapped around his neck.

"Do you know Scar?" I barked out at him, gripping harder, "Do you fucking know Scar?" I barked out at him. His eyes shone wolf before his hand snatched mine away from his neck, his chest rumbled with a deep growl. "How do you know him?"

"No!" I pushed him back, "The question here is, how do, you, know him," I gritted out angrily, "Xhian, how do you know Scar?!" I screamed out at him, my hand turning into fist as I gripped the collar of his shirt. "Mommy? Dad?"

I removed my grip from Xhian's shirt as I turned around to face Xhiani. "I don't feel good." She whimpered out before she sunk down on the floor, my body collapsing after hers.

Tatiana Slayer

I was shaken, my body literally trembling. I sucked in my bottom lip, tears coating my eyes as I paced around, my fingers in my hair. My phone rang, I jumped, glancing down at the number. Yemini, I sighed, taking a deep breath as I tossed the thin and hard material in the bin.

I answered the phone and put it on my ear, "Tatiana, Yemini and Xhiani are in the hospital, they're fine now but I just wanted to let you know." Xhian said calmly so he wouldn't panic me. "Thank God but what happened?" I asked with a frown as I walked out of the bathroom and closed the door, walking toward the bed as I sat down.

"It's Xhiani's power, they're way too strong for her, due to their bond, Yemini was affected by it too. Yemini is with her now, she's awake." I breathed out as I ran my fingers through her hair, "Thank God they're okay." I sighed, pushing up from the bed as I crossed one arm, "Thank you for keeping me informed."