Chapter 25- Missing home

Zeds point of view
Mum has been sending me way to many texts lately and I am starting to get a bit worried. Yeah they are all positive but still, I might be young but I know my mum. She has arranged for me to stay at Grandmas for a lot longer than was planned and I have begun to ask why? I mean grandmas is okay but it's not that fun, one, she dosent have wifi or an Xbox and two, all we do is play board games. They are fun to begin with but after hours you soon get tired. Ever since grandad died, things never have been the same. When it happened mum and dad tried explaining it to me as if I was 5 years old but I understood (I'm nearly 10 okay?!)
When grandad was alive, he used to tell me stories. Exciting stories I mean not fairy tales. He made trips round my grandparents exciting. Not saying Grandma doesn't, it's just... I just...miss home.
I desperately want to ask mums what's wrong but I am scared to. I have heard Grandma talking to her on the phone and Grandmas voice is always without a doubt concerned unless I'm in the room with is very rare because she always makes me go to bed so early.
'sleep is good' is the phrase she uses again and again to get me to go upstairs. I end up giving in but never actually go to sleep. I just sit there listening to their conversation. I can never hear very much of it but what I do hear never sounds good.
" She will be okay"
??
What could that mean? Who?
" don't worry I will have Zed until this is all sorted"
What sorted?
" If you get a chance to speak to her tell her I love her and so does ..." I hear very little from this point but I swear she said brother.
I still don't get any if this, why I'm still here, what is going on with mum, anything.
I eventually hear her trudging up the stairs and roll over pretending to be asleep. But I never sleep, my mind is racing so fast it's impossible to. If she did say brother that can only mean one thing...
Sapphire is in trouble...
:0 :0 :0 ...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment if you did and give feedback. Thank you so much for all your support...
Also I would like to let you know that we have 2 other stories called 'secret wings' and 'another Sugg' check them out!
Stay active thanks😊😊XXXX
Love the_dreamangels xxxx