Chapter 20 - Worried

This chapter will be split between Zoe and Alfie, hope you enjoy the chapter.

Later on the day of the crash

Alfie's Pov

I hope that girl is ok. It has been the only thing going through my mind, since we got back from the cafe. I looked back on my vlog, it was the fan me and Zoe bumped into. I keep thinking that she could of been following us, but I keep saying to myself that's crazy she can't be some kind of stalker, can she? Zoe is still really shocked and so am I really, but at least Zoe's panick attack is over, I hate seeing her like this.

I know this isn't Zalfie but it won't make sense other wise!!
Sapphires mums pov

After the phone call with sapphires doctor I start to cry a lot more than I did on the phone. I just don't know what to do with myself. How on earth did she end up in a coma? How?
"Hun, pack a bag for a week for you and Zed, I'll do Sapphies bag" i shouted up to my husband, trying to hold back more tears.
I quickly head online and book a hotel as close as possible to the hospital, then run up stairs to pack our bags.
"Are you alright Hun, I heard crying from down stairs. What do you mean pack a bag?" Frank  asked concerned.
"Yes just...it's Sapphire...she...is...in a...coma!!" I say bursting into tears once more.
"What?! How?! When?!" Frank questions, I see the despair in his eyes.
"She was... hit...by...a-" I was interrupted
"-car" Frank finishes my sentence sensing my distress.
"I've booked a hotel for a week, In Brighton , that's where she is" I inform him.
He seems lost for words as am I, but instead of saying anymore he gives me a quick hug and goes to pack his and Zeds bag. But then I remember. Zeds at mums for the week.
"Frank, sweetheart. Zeds at mums for the week" I say still in shock from the phone call.
"Ok Hun" Frank says emotionless.
There was so much traffic on the way to Brighton, by the time we got there it was dark and visiting time was over. So we went straight to the hotel. My poor baby, no one visited her, she must think no one cares.
The next day
Me and Frank get up super early and go to Tesco to get Sapphire some flowers.
We arrive at the hospital and I begin to feel more nervous to see her.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for Sapphire Henderson, do you know where she is?" I ask the nurse.
"Ah, you must be Mrs Henderson, I'm doctor Williams we spoke on the phone, follow me" he instructs us.
"How is she?" I ask.
"She is improving, but Is still unconscious" he Informs me.
"Great, do you know how long the recovery will take?" I question him.
"A long time Mrs Henderson. You have got to understand that a coma can last weeks, months or even years to recover from" he says.
"Ok" I answer, not knowing how to feel about my daughter being in a hospital bed for a year. We keep on walking for what feels like a mile, until we stop at a door. I take a deep breath and keep on telling myself, don't cry, don't cry, she will recover, don't cry. I put my hand on the door knob and feel the cold metal against my skin as I slowly open the door. I keep looking at the floor as I do this, because I know I'm going to cry. I finally look up to see Sapphire in a hospital gown, connected to a machine. She has a cast on her neck, leg and arm. She also has a plaster on her hand, I'm guessing from a blood test. I try so hard to swallow the lump in my throat, but I can't. I start to cry uncontrollably at the sight of my daughter in this state. I feel someone pull me into a hug, my vision is too blurry from tears, for me to see who it is.But I know who it is. It's Frank.

A week later
Zoe's PoV
She will be okay. Stop thinking about her Zoe. Stop.
Everything in my mind is messed up. Ever since the accident, it has made me think about a lot of things. About how precious life is. About that girl. I read in the newspaper that she is still in a coma. It was a terrible accident so they say. She had been standing in the middle of the road frozen when the car hit her. A witness said that she looked upset when she had been seen standing there. I wonder why? She seemed fine in the cafe.
"Alf, what if she was upset because of us?" I say worried.
Alfie looks up from the newspaper , looking confused at what I said.
"What do you mean zo?" Alfie questions.
"We have met her before, we didn't remember her name. What if it was our fault?"I say on the brink of tears.
"Calm down babe,of course it's not our fault" Alfie's says whilst pulling me into a tight hug.
Instead of answering,I give him a weak nod. He quickly changes the subject, sensing the the fact I'm upset.
"Come on let's watch a film, your choice" Alfie adds.
"Ok, we are definitely watching Elf" I say cheering up a bit.
"But it's not Christmas" Alfie whines.
"Oh well, don't be such a big baby" I reply whilst getting the DVD and passing it to Alfie.

Alfie's pov

It's finally the end of Elf and Zoe has passed out on the sofa in exhaustion. She is snuggled up next to me, it will be mean if I wake her up. So I decide not to, I pick Zoe up and she doesn't wake up , she is in a deep sleep. I put Zoe in bed, feeling like my arms are about to full off through carrying her and go down stairs to lock up for the night.
I don't feel like going to sleep, my mind is so awake. I have been like that recently. Ever since it happened. I have never seemed to want to sleep and when I do, I struggle. I toss and turn thinking about that day. Every night. There must have been something that could of been done to prevent it happening. I know I keep reassuring Zoe that it was not our fault but what if? Could we have done something?
I silently creep up the stairs and into our room. I push any thoughts aside about it and climb into bed.

Did you enjoy this chapter? Let us know...
Will Sapphire ever come out of her coma and will she remember anything?