Chapter 24 - Scans

Sapphires point of view

My eyes fluttered open...
"Sapphire, can you hear me?" the Doctor asked
I open my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I try to turn my head to look around but I can't , I can only see the ceiling.
"Sapphire!!" Someone calls, I'm guessing it was the nurse. Or not? I'm not even sure!
I can hear so many voices around me and I am unsure who they belong to. My brain can't see to take in what is going and I begin to feel dizzy. The room starts to spin at an alarming rate...
"You can't talk to her at the moment" voices around me echo.
" Mrs Henderson"
" come back tomorrow"
" thank you"
" doctor"
Then, just as abrupt as they all started the voices stop. Suddenly I feel my eyes shut once more and this time I do not reject.
The next day
"Ok Sapphire we are just going to take you for a MRI scan to see if you have any serious injuries" I wake up to hear the doctor say. What does this mean? But before I can think more about it, the ceiling starts moving, fast. I stare at the tiles above me and begin to feel dizzy, even more than before. This time however I fight it. My eyes remain open but that doesn't help at all to work out what is going on.
I stop.
"Ok Sapphire, we have arrived at the scan, don't worry this won't take long" the doctors tone is friendly, calm, reassuring. I am transported off the bed onto another rather uncomfortable one. Out of nowhere, as soon as I am laid down the bed starts to move. I enter some sort of metal tube. Once inside, I stop moving and just lay dead still. I process my surroundings. Small room, big door, lots of machines I don't understand, lots of people. Thud. The metal door slams loudly. I hear mumbled voices and then the tube I am laying in starts making a noise. Im guessing the scan has just started...

Sorry this is a short chapter, but I haven't posted in ages! I hope you enjoyed..
What do you thinks in store for sapphire now? Comment below what you think. I would love to hear from you.
Keep looking out for more because there will be more updates. Thank you!