Chapter 34 - Telling the news

Sapphires mums point of view

Ok, lets do this. You can do this. Come on just do it. You only have to say 2 words, that's it. Come on just do it. You can do it. JUST DO IT!!?!

"Ok so... I... I ... have. had . something t-to tell. you for a-a while .now .and... well... I...I'm...I'm... p-pregnant" I stutter.
I did it I finally did it, I told them, I told my 2 children I'm pregnant.
"I'm pregnant" I say again, but more confidently this time.
I stand there waiting for their reactions but they both just stand there shocked.
"Well?" I prompt them but they still don't speak.

Sapphires point of view

Did I just hear that or are my ears lying to me.
"I'm pregnant" mum says again. OMG OMG OMG MUMS PREGNANT!!!!?!!?!??? I can't believe this. I'm so excited...
Wait what am I excited about? I was just about to ask when mum speaks again,
"Well?" Well what? What do you want us to say? I can't say anything if you haven't told me anything.
"What?!" I ask. I think mum finally sees I did not hear her.
"Oh Sapphy, I forgot about you short term memory loss" mum voice says a little more gentle this time. Memory loss? "I said that I'm pregnant!"
"Pregnant?! Omg!? I'm going to be a big sister!?" I yell a bit to loud.
"Oh sapph you are a big sister already" dad says.
"I am?" I ask .
"Yes, I'm your younger brother" Zed says.
"You are? How come I never met you before?" I ask, and put my hand out for him to shake it. He takes it and shakes it nervously. Why is he nervous?
"Mum your pregnant?" The boy standing next to my bed says.
"Yes" mum says excitedly.
" will sapph remember me?" He asks on the verge of tears.
"Oh darling come here" mum says whilst giving him a hug.
Dad comes over to me and explains and that is when I remember that the boy standing next to me is indeed my brother.

~~

I did not notice mum and Zed leave, until now when they came in. They are holding photo frames. Mum takes them from Zed and places them on my side table. I look at the pictures closely and realise what they are of. One of them is of Zed, the other of mum and dad and the other one of my best friend Maisie. One other one is of my whole family, nanny pat , uncle joe, auntie sue, grandad Patrick and cousin maybelle. I don't understand why they did this. I mean it's not like I will forget.
"Mum, how many weeks pregnant are you?"I ask, she looks at me with a surprised facial expression "what? Was it something I said?"
"No, no. I am just surprised you remembered!" Mum almost shouts.
"I did?!" I question " I didn't realise, anyway how many weeks are you?" I ask again.
"Um... 3 months" she murmurs.
"3 months, that means 6 months until she or he is born!"I almost yell.
"She and he, because it's not just one!"mum murmurs again.
"TWINS?!" I shout.
"Yes!" Mum says in excitement.
"SERIOUSLY!?" Zed shouts.
"YES!!" Mum shouts.
" OH MY GOD" I yell "THIS IS AMAZING!!"
"ISN'T IT?!?!?" Mum shouts excitedly.
Wow 2 new siblings. 2! I can't believe it! I'm sooo excited!!!

Hey guys I would just want to let you know that my competition is ending shortly! So get your entry's sent to me! Also , please go and follow my Instagram. My account name is the_dreamangels
Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx