Chapter 1- The day Sapphire met Alfie

Wednesday 22nd July

Dear blog....

Who here watches YouTube? Up until the other day I had no interest in YouTube or celebrities. That was until I met Alfie Deyes aka PointlessBlog.

It started off as just a normal family trip to Brighton. It was me ( Sapphire if you didn't know that already) my mum, my dad and my annoying, younger brother Zed. Our plans were to go to Brighton and spend the day at the beach. I was excited because it was my first time going there and it was the first day of the summer so it was hot.

I had decided to wear my new beach bikini which is bright pink with electric blue flowers and over the top I wore a white kaftan. I had my chocolate brown hair neatly tied up into a ponytail. We left about 9:30 because it was a long drive and we had heard on the news that there was traffic:(.

3 hours later I stood on Brighton pier looking at the gorgeous view of the diamond blue sea, I got out my phone and updated my snapchat with a selfie of me looking out to the shimmering ocean. I turned around to find my brother begging my parents for ice cream. I then walked past him and decided with the little change I had left in my pocket to buy myself an ice cream. On my way, I saw a tall man with stubble on his face and similar colour hair to me. He was wearing a grey t- shirt and a necklace with the letters 'PB' engraved in the middle. He had tight, black ripped jeans considering it was summer. He was speaking to a small black camera and saying: "Okay guys, I am on my way to get some tasty icecream..." We then bumped into each over as he didn't realise I was there. He paused and looked at me. He then said..

" I am so sorry, I was too focused on my camera, I didn't notice you. What is your name? Say hi to the vlog"

I didn't know what to say. What did he mean by vlog? I was confused at this so decided to ask him. " Vlog?"

He answered by saying: " Its what I do, I video as a job. It's called a vlog when I video my days. Would you like to say hi to my viewers?"

" er..er..... Hi.." I stutter.

" Cool well I'm just off to get some icecream so see you later." He was about to leave when he said one last thing. " oh I didn't catch your name"

"Sapphire" I say.

" well Sapphire, go check out my videos my name is Alfie deyes but on YouTube I am known as PointlessBlog."

I stared at him as he walked away into the queue of the ice cream shop. When he did this lots of people noticed him and were asking for photos and autographs. I thought to myself perhaps it was bad I didn't know him so I made a mental note to check him out when I got back.

That's it for this blog. Stay positive and keep looking out for more updates.

Sapphire out :)