Adventure #2

Song of the Chapter: Best I Ever Had by Gavin DeGraw

* Josh's POV *

Andre: The spare key is under the welcome mat ;)

I smile at Andre's response and roll over to wake up Maya. I rub her shoulder which causes her to take a deep breath and stretch her arms.

"Hey," I whisper.

"Hi."

"Andre said we can use his parents' beach house this weekend."

"Cool." She smiles and begins to sit up, but I grab her arm before she moves any further.

"5 more minutes?"

"C'mon, we gotta pack."

"But I'm tired!" I whine, covering my face with her pillow. I hear her laugh and jump back on the bed. I remove the pillow from my face and see her face above mine, smiling down at me.

"If I give you a kiss, will you get up?"

"Maybe," I smirk at her. I start to move my face closer to hers, but she stops me and places her fingers on my lips.

"I didn't say when," she says, biting her lip.

"I don't know how much longer I can wait."

"Soon."

The things going through my mind about what I want to do to her are insane. She's driving me crazy, but I like it. None of the girls I've been with ever made me feel like this. Maya grabs a duffel bag from her closet and shoves clothes from her drawers inside.

"Do you need to get clothes from your place?" she asks, turning around to face me.

"Yeah, and I'll grab extra for here."

She smiles and walks out of her room and I follow her to the kitchen. She grabs keys from the counter and starts heading towards the door.

"What about breakfast?"

"We can stop somewhere on the way." She walks back to the kitchen counter and scribbles something on a piece of paper. Probably a note to let Shawn know that we're leaving. When she finishes, she throws me the keys. "You can drive, right?"

"Yeah? You?"

"Yeah, you drive first."

We walk into the parking garage and find Shawn's car, a black BMW. Even though I have my license, I barely drove since there's the subway. Plus, I don't have my own car. When we reach NYU, Maya takes off her seatbelt, but I place my hand over her to keep her in place. I don't want her running into anyone.

"You can just stay here. I'll be quick," I say to her, getting out of the car.

"Ok," she replies as I close the door. I run to my dorm, not stopping for anyone. I fumble around for my keys and unlock the door. Inside, I see Kacey and Peyton in bed together.

"What the hell, man?" Peyton asks, pulling to covers to shield their bare bodies from me.

"I should be saying that to you," I reply. I quickly grab some clothes as Kacey and Peyton frantically get dressed.

"Where are you going?" Peyton asks me.

"Somewhere."

"Oh, I see," he says in a teasing tone. "You're spending the night with Juilliard."

"The weekend, actually."

"Dude, respect," Peyton replies, grabbing my shoulders and shaking them. Kacey says nothing at continues to get dressed, but she gives me an uneasy feeling. "So things are getting pretty serious between you two?"