Congratulations

* Maya's POV *

My head is still spinning as a go down the fire escape to the bay window. I have no idea what came over me in there a couple minutes ago and I can't stop thinking about it. It was just me and Josh together. It felt like the same isolation and had the same energy when we were dancing.

I hear him following me down the fire escape, but I'm afraid to look back at him. I'm not sure if him calling me a tease was a compliment or made me feel like a slut, but he seemed to enjoy it. When he whispered my name, I got a burning sensation in my stomach. I want to hear him say my name again and again.

When I get to Riley's room, the bay window is already open with her sitting inside. She smiles when she sees me and sticks her head out the window.

"I just got a sudden wave of happiness and I think you have something to do with it," she says to me.

I put one knee down on the fire escape and grin. "You're always happy, Riles." She pulls back into her room and I follow her, sitting on one of the pillows she kept from our old bay window. "But I do have news."

"You got into Juilliard?!" Riley exclaims, leaning towards me so our faces are right next to each other.

I nod with a huge grin on my face and Riley throws her hands in the air. "YAY!" She throws her arms around me and pulls me into a hug, both of us laughing with excitement. "I knew you could do it, Peaches." She pulls away and places her hands on either side of my face. "You look flustered, you ok?"

"Yeah, just freaking out I guess."

"But, you're face is like---red."

"Hey, Riley," Josh says, climbing through the window. Riley's grasp on my face prevents me from turning around to face him. She looks at Josh, then at me, then back at him. Her eyes grow wide and I instantly know that she figured it out.

"Oh hey, Josh," she says with the slightest smirk. She raises an eyebrow at him as he blows air from his lips. The lips I've kissed only a few minutes ago, a few days ago, a few months ago, a few years ago.

Cory and Topanga run through the open door, Auggie following close behind. "YAY!" they shout, wrapping me in a bear hug. I squeeze my eyes shut and the memory of them hugging Josh when he brought the same type of news flashes through my mind.

I feel Josh come from behind me and drape his arm over my shoulders.

"Josh," Cory says, all the excitement from before gone in an instant. I notice Auggie looking at Josh with the same expressionless face.

"Hey, Cor," Josh replies. "Auggie," he nods at the curly haired boy, who seems to be taller every time  I see him. I figure it's a personal family issue that I have no business knowing unless they want me to, so I brush the observation aside.

"Honey, we're so proud of you," Topanga says, pulling me in for another hug.

"But what about Paris?" Riley asks as she steps towards me.

"I don't know," I reply, taking the slightest glance at Josh. I can tell he wants an answer too. Everyone goes silent.

"Well, we should definitely celebrate the girls' achievements," Cory says, breaking the silence. "Maybe on the rooftop?" Everyone nods their heads in agreement.

"We'll get Shawn," Topanga says, looping her arm with Cory's. America's sweethearts. "Riley and Auggie, can you order food?"

"Whatever we want?" Auggie asks excitedly.

"You mean whatever you want?" Riley corrects him, jokingly rolling her eyes.

We all laugh as the Matthews leave Riley's room. I look up at Josh, who still has his arm draped over my shoulders. He leans down and kisses my forehead.