Chapter 4: A Voice

Your ears alarmed as the noise of the crowd echoed throughout the arena. It was almost deafening, the people who were stuck inside the cage with you tried to find a way out. You knew you're in the world of Eos, but was this...really real?? You hoped you were imagining things, but you were clearly not.

But why this happening? Cloud...Tifa...where were they?

Looking for them, aren't you? A voice boomed in your head. It was then a familiar voice you've once heard before... Nostalgia went into you...

"What are you...what are you doing in my mind? Who-Who are you?!" You stuttered quietly, surprised. You saw the cage open slowly, your stomach churned suddenly as the voice kept booming.

I've waited for long...but I hope I'm not wrong in my decisions...

This made you more confused. "What are you talking about?? W-what do you mean?—"

All of a sudden something invisible, like an energy, had pushed all of you out of the cage, like telekinesis was controlled by someone. You asked the voice many times, but it didn't answer you as well, making you feel so frustrated. You stammered, yet your stomach churned as an enormous maze was set before you.

"CHOSEN ONES, LET THE GAME'S BEGIN!!!" A voice shouted, Nyx Ulric's voice echoed throughout the open arena. The crowd shouted and screamed and cheered. You looked up at a high balcony—and saw Noctis Lucis Caelum, the prince of Lucis staring down at you. His gaze towards you sent chill down your spine. You quickly looked away. Who is he? You thought.

The noise of the crowd almost deafened you. The others started running towards the endless dark maze. Why should I go into that? You thought. Is this some kind of a maze runner movie? Eventually, you just ran with the others, feeling a twist of fear and nervousness.

Run. You thought. Just run.

You hoped this would be the way out.

*

But you were wrong.

You tried to think of Denzel, Marlene...and Tifa...their care for you...it felt like it just had been fake. NO. They're coming back. You thought.

But then your run felt so endless, all of you entering the darkness when an arched doorway appeared infront of you. Inside, you could see a roaring fiery blaze filling the whole room. "What...should we do now?" Someone asked. You turned to see a guy with brown hair, attempting to enter. "We have to find a way out—"

Before he could finish his sentence—a noise erupted out of nowhere. You made your ears and eyes sharp, listening to the noise and could make something moving in the darkness. You realized the creature was just a few steps away. You heard a deep, growl.

"Ohh...lord.." A woman with rose-colored hair whispered. You saw bright red, evil eyes appear in the darkness, all of you almost getting pinned against the brickwall. You stepped backwards, feeling the heat rise up. "A monster."

You startled. A monster...real? If I get into the doorway, I'll burn and die. You thought. But if I don't...I'll be eaten by that monster...

You felt sweat trickling down your forehead to your neck. You stepped back more, the heat rising up, the monster almost lunging.

Think (Y/N). Think.

Then everything was coming back to you. Just right after an energy summoned you to a world, like a dream. For a second you jumped into the blaze, you saw the others joining in. But some didn't and now they're killed. Screams echoed throughout the darkness. The flames danced, flickering furiously around you.

The shadow of the monster disappeared. Finally...you escaped.

It was just the beginning.

You already knew you're fireproof. But that doesn't mean you would survive this—unanswered, never-ending, danger.

(Y/N).

The voice. It's back.

I'm glad you're alive.

The blaze disappeared.

You suddenly felt dizzy...your stomach turning upside down.