My Savior and My Teacher - Chapter 3

I didn't know what to do so I just sat on the bed watching him, letting the guilt wash over me. This was as much my fault as it was his. He pushed himself away from the wardrobe and came and sat on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands. Instinctively I moved towards him and put my hands on his shoulders.

"It'll be okay" I whispered to him. He shook his head and turned to look at me. I almost cried when I saw his eyes, they were so filled with pain.

"It won't, I can't do this, you don't understand" he whispered back to me. I looked at him and realised that he had been strong for me last night, now it was my turn. I jumped of the bed, grabbed a jacket and threw it at him. He looked up in surprise.

"What are we doing?" he asked.

"We're going out, not to the school, but somewhere we can talk without worrying. Come on" and with that I grabbed my clothes that Lucy had left on the end of bed and ran into the bathroom to get changed.

When I came out, fully clothes, I saw that he had put on a pair of tight jeans and his trainers on. I smiled at him and walked to the door. He turned around.

"Luce, we're just off out, see you in a bit" he yelled. She yelled her goodbyes back and then we were out into the warm summer's day. I laughed at the warmth and took of my jacket and tied it around my waist. It was a few seconds I realised that Peter wasn't walking next to me. I turned around, confused. He was looking at me, with that same grin he had had on in the kitchen. I felt a grin grow on my face. He laughed and then ran at me. I squealed and tried to run but he was too fast. He picked me up as if I were just a doll and slung me onto his back - piggyback style. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and rested my chin on his shoulder as he started to walk down the street.

"So, where are we going then?" I asked him quietly.

"You'll see" he said and I could almost hear the smile in his voice. "Oh, and close your eyes, I want it to be a surprise." Despite wanting to see where we were going I did what I was told and tucked my head into his shoulder so I couldn't see anything, his smell making my thoughts go fuzzy.

After about ten minutes he rested me down on what felt like grass. I heard him sit down next to me then he pulled me over to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I snuggled into him.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked. He laughed, and I smiled at the sound.

"Yep" he said. I opened my eyes and gasped. We were on top of a hill that looked over the whole town. The sun was sparkling in the lake a little further down and off of the rooftops.

"It's beautiful" I whispered. He smiled down at me.

"I brought you up here to explain to you, well, everything I guess" he said.

"Okay" I said, warily. He sighed and began his story.

"Well, a long time ago, I was good friends with Claire, your mother. We got on really well, but at the age of 14 she fell pregnant, with you. Most children that age would have got rid of it some way or other but she was determined to keep you, she truly loved you. Anyway, everyone abandoned her because of the choice she made but I stayed with her. She asked me a favour the day you were born. She put you in my arms and asked if I could look over you, protect you when I could. Of course I accepted. And for the next 16 years of your life, I made sure I saw you each week, even though you never knew who I was or even if I was there. Now I had always liked making sure you were safe, but as you grew, both in body and personality I enjoyed it more and more. I don't understand what happened then... It just sort of..." He trailed off and avoided my looks. I was shocked.

"You did all that for me?" I whispered. He just nodded. I can't explain what I felt then but I moved my hand up to his cheek and pulled his head round so that I was looking into his eyes.

"Thank you" I whispered, and with that I moved my head upwards so that our lips touched. Fireworks went off both in my head and my heart. He froze to start off with but then he kissed back with passion. He pushed me down so that I was lying on the grass and he was over me again. He moved his mouth from mine and traced it down my neck. I couldn't help but let out a groan at the sensation. I ran my fingers through his hair and just as he brought his mouth back up to mine again, it started to rain. He laughed and stood up, pulling me too. He lifted me up and spun me round as we both got soaked. I wrapped my legs around his waist with my arms around his neck. I watched as a drop of rain made its way down the contours of his face. He kissed me again, gentle and caring this time. When he pulled back there was something in his eyes that made me feel something I had never felt before.

"Katie" he said, quietly, resting his forehead against mine.

"Yes?" I whispered back.

"I love you"