My Savior and My Teacher - Chapter 19

Peter's POV

I looked up from my bed in the hospital to see nurses start to run around, getting ready.

"Excuse me" I said to the nurse who was checking my bloods.

"Yes" she said, looking up smiling.

"Have they found her?" I asked, desperately hoping that the police had got to her. I didn't know what sort of trouble she had got herself into but I knew it was serious.

"Yeah, they're bringing her in now" she said, just the the double doors clattered opened and Katie was pushed in on a stretcher. She looked so pale from here and I wanted to scream. Who could do this to her?

"Katie?" I yelled, panicking now. She shouldn't look so pale. A couple of nurses came over and tried to close the curtain between us but I shook my head.

"Please, no" I said, my voice croaky as the tears started. I was shaking like mad and I couldn't believe what this girl had done to me. Before I had properly met her I hadn't cried forever, but as soon as she arrives, I can barely stop.

I watch the doctors rushing round, ordering other people in medical speak. I slowly stood up, despite the nurses asking me to sit down. I made my way slowly towards her, even though my body was screaming in pain. I looking over her, bruised and battered when the sudden constant noise of the heart machine reached my ears.

"She's arrested" I heard someone say and my head went funny. I couldn't lose her. I dropped to my knees and screamed. I had over four nurses trying to get me back into bed but I was strong and they couldn't move me. I stayed where I was rocking and praying she would be okay. She had to be. She was mine. Katie. God, I loved her.

"Okay, she's stable" I heard them say and I laughed in relief. I ran my hand through my hair and moved towards her bed. Her eyes were just fluttering open. I smiled down at her. She grinned up at me. There was a lot of people watching us but I was past caring. I loved her, and I wanted everyone to know that, even if they didn't understand. I leant over and kissed her passionately, her young lips caressing mine in a way which made my spine tingle. She pulled back slightly.

"All the people..." she said, looking around at the shocked faces.

"I don't care" I said softly, and I began to kiss her again. She wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You and me against the world" she said, softly, reminding me of my words in the car when Lucy had kicked me out. I kissed her once more and then sat by her bed, tracing patterns on her hand.

"When we both get out of here, we're going on holiday, we're getting away" I whispered to her. He beautiful eyes lit up.

"Think of it as an early honeymoon" I said with a wink. She grinned at me and licked her lips. I laughed and squeezed her hand. She smiled once more as sleep finally took her. I watched her sleeping. She was so beautiful. And she's all mine.