My Savior and My Teacher - Prologue

This is my first piece of writing I've posted on here, so pleeeeease comment. Tell me what you think and should I carry on? xx

________________________________________________________________________________

I stood at the gates to the intimidating large, red brick school. My knees were shaking and I couldn't help but wonder why I agreed to come here. Though, I knew somewhere in me why I did. I thought back to the moment when I saw... him.

My breath was coming in short pants, scraping my throught like razors. My feet were hitting the floor frantically in an attempt to get away. I felt a hand grab the material of my shirt. I let out a yelp and scrambled free. I ran out of my kitchen and slammed the door. I heard a roar of pain and knowing that I had hurt him in someway gave me hope; he wasn't invincible. I ran to the front door, hoped desperately my Mum was okay. I wanted to go back in, fight that horrible man and find her, save her, but I knew if I did go back I would most probably be killed. I was now in the street and I ran as fast as I could down to the end. My street met a busy road here, and knowing I couldn't cross it I looked around frantically for some other way of escape. As I did so I saw him running fast towards me, an expression of pure hatred written across his scarred face. Terrified, I leapt towards the only exit I could see; a small alley way to my left. My heart leapt when I saw the light at the end, knowing if I could get there I would be able to find some way of losing him. But my heart thudded in my chest as my foot caught on something I went flying across the pavement. Writhing I tried to get up but my ankle hurt so badly I couldn't. I heard him approach and I shut my eyes, praying for a miracle. He grabbed the scruff of my neck and pulled me up.

"Please?" I whispered to him. But his face just twisted into a grimace and he kicked me to the floor. I screamed as pain shot through my arm. I saw him raise his arm again, to strike, but then it was gone. Surprised I sat up slightly to see him backing away, looking scared. Wide eyes, I turned and at the end of the alley stood a tall man. I couldn't see anything else as the light was behind him so he was simply a silhouette. He walked towards me but kept his eyes on the man.

"Go now" he said in a deep voice, that sounded so menacing I was scared. Finally the man ran and I felt tears falling down my cheeks with relief and gratitude. I turned back to the man who had saved me to find me was knelt over me.

"Are you okay?" he said, this time his voice was kind and gentle.

"I... I think so..." I stuttered, still bewildered by my savior. His hand swept my black hair out of my face and rested it on my cheek. Despite the circumstances, I felt my heart flutter inside me.

"Come on" he said and with that his strong arms were under me, lifting me up. I felt pain shoot through me but I didn't say anything. I looked up at his face which was still shrouded in darkness. I moved my head towards his ear.

"Thankyou" I whispered. He just let out a low, sexy chuckle and with that he carried me out of the alley and into the light.