Chapter twenty-three

Percy's P.O.V

Everything was overwhelming everything was loud, memorise upon memorise swirling in my head pushing and pulling on my shattered heart. The people I killed faces swirling beneath my closed eyelids, haunting me with pain of what had happened to them, my trip to hell the hidden tortures, nightmares relived.

I couldn't breath, I needed space form this cursed place, so I stepped out of the shadows into my tent, enjoying the comfort of being in a place I felt safe if only for a minute before I had to come back to my life and to the problems at hand.

I needed to leave if only for a moment, the hunters would ask to many questions as my breakdown. what to do?  I finally decided on what I was going to do. I changed my clothes I was wearing, swopping them for some black skinny jeans and black top, before flames covered my body dancing the explosive  dance before I was gone, and reappearing in hades realm.

It was time to catch up with my cousin Nico.

I appeared in my room, inside hades palace and started walking towards the throne room were my farther would most likely be. I was dreading having to explain where I had been again, it was bad enough explaining to Thalia, I did not like being electrocuted.

I walked into the throne room the onyx coloured walls once unfamiliar and scary now familiar and comforting  to my weary soul. There sat on his throne sat my father the lord of the dead. A smile instantly bloomed on his face and he saw me and I returned one, meaning the smile, no lies behind it.

" Hello my boy what can I do for you." Hades asked his deep yet happy voice echoing across the room. " Could you summon Nico please, I cant put off seeing him for much longer and I miss good old death breath."

" I will summon him, I will warn you he has missed and searched for you and will be angry to find out the you didn't tell him you were leaving."  I grimaced at what Hades just said, realising what he said was true.

All of the sudden there is a person standing a few meters in front of me. " you summoned me farther." I new instantly who that voice belonged to. Nico. " there someone I would like you to meet, I think you will like them." Hades saying a small smile etched onto his face and he knows what's about to happen.

" You cant even greet you own cousin death breath." I say noticing him tense at my words before slowly turning around. " are you dead ." Nico asks his voice thick with emotion. " Well I hope not." I say trying to lighten the mood, but before I relies it Nico's fist comes in contact with my ribs making me double over in pain, before I'm yanked up and enveloped in a bone breaking hug.

" don't you ever leave me again, ok, you can leave again." My brother like cousin say emotion thick and layering his words. " I promise " I respond whilst matching the intensity of the embrace to reassure him that I wont leave him again. 

" you have a Tartarus of a lot to explain Percy Jackson ." Nico says his voice firm, leaving no room to argue, so I did I explained everything. I told him about how everyone at camp stated hating me, how they resented me.

I told him about all the betrayals, how I caught  Annabeth with my brother. I then told him about my mum and Paul,  about my new family, about why I didn't stay with the romans. What I have been doing since leaving, about the kids I saved, and about being made the hunters guardian and up to now.

" I'm going to kill Annabeth and Mathew those lying pieces of hellhound dung, they told everyone that you cheated on Annabeth. " I wasn't shocked at what Nico said, but still upset that people believed them, but before I could get to deep in though Nico carried on talking.

" I doesn't matter I know the truth and that is all that matters. However I think I should be worried about your health right now, because it think the hunters are going to kill you."  I think so to, but before I could respond the alarms that I set up encase the hunter were attacked went off.

" I have to go neeks, see ya." I say in a rush before I shadow travel to the hunters camp, all my weapons on me, and I was seeking blood.

Lady Artemis P.O.V ( just from when Percy left)

I stood there in shock at what had just happened, along with the rest of my hunters. I snapped out of my shock and spoke. " what happened, what did you do, what made Percy explode like this."  However I don't think I really wanted the answer.

" It was are fault milady, we played pranks on him everyday, but they got out of hand, he never got angry when we done the pranks so we just made them more and more dangerouse. we would shoot arrows at him or lead him into a nest of monsters." Phoebe responded to my questions her eyes trained to the ground.

Then it all made sense the way he acted what he meant by the words he said, then among the hunters a small voice piped up, anger evident tin the tone.

" How could you, he treated you all with respect and never once harmed you, actually he done everything you asked of him and never complained. Percy brought me here after he saved me and told me I would be safe and cared for, and yet I don't know if I want to live here, in a place where the people are cruel and treat people like that."

 The small voice I now realised who belonged to Millie, she stood there with tears rolling down her cheeks. I knew her and Percy were close but not this close. "He was like a brother to me, no he is my brother and you hurt him." Millie then turned around and left, followed by a some of the younger hunters.

I then see Thalia stood there tears falling down her sorrow filled face. " I only just got him back and he is gone again, and it because of all of you. I might not see him again." I then notice the air become static and saw sorrow turn into anger and quickly spoke before she struck everyone with lightning. " We will find him Thalia but you have to cam down."

Thalia then walked off electricity dancing between her fingers and rage pouring off her.

I then summoned every one to the camp fire and explained who are guardian was, and what he had achieved, I told them about him holding up the sky. I explained every single quest to them and his fatal flaw. I told them about the only boy who had earned my respect.