Chapter 4

- "Queen America, I am sorry to disturb you, but I have very important news to tell you", said the guard, obviously out of breath.

-"Yes, what may be your news Jeffrey", said the queen.

Jeffrey was a noble guard transferred to the palace month ago. He had started as a six, one of the poorer casts, but to this day he had done a marvellous job. America had actually become quite fond of him.

-" My queen I am here to inform you that the King, and beloved husband has been found dead".

America immediately started to cry . Originally she faking the act, but now she truly was sad. Since the killing, so many emotions had tormented her, and she was finally letting it out. She knew hitting him with a pan had been the right choice, but she couldn't help but feel guilt in her heart. Jeffrey had tried to calm her down but it was no use. The tears keeped on coming like a waterfall. She had not loved him in the time of the murder? Why was she feeling such now?

Finally, she stoped. The queen had been so dehydrated her body could no longer produce tears. America got up from the bench, and dusted her dress. She was a queen, there was no acceptance of childish behaviour such as crying. She had killed the man for god's sake! The young woman had to be strong for Illea, and be a true ruler. She calmly excused Jeffrey, and pulled herself together. It was time to face the public, and most importantly the media.

She first headed to the entrance of the palace, where tons of reporters trampled her with questions.

-"how are you feeling?"

-"How will you punish the criminal?"

-"Will there be a new king of Illea?"

They were all the same questions. This had just happened today, how could they know the news so quickly?

Thousands of people were standing before her, throwing her condolences, screaming her name. What chaos!, America thought. Later on, the queen retrieved to the palace to recover from the storm of people. A few guards had offered help during the interviews, but it made no difference people were enraged. They were like serial killers, apart from the weapons. What was she going to do. The public had been crazed! Then she thought.....