Chapter 5

Alright, it was time. She walked to Jeffrey who was only a few meters away. It had to be done now. He was dragged into the nearest room, and then ordered by the queen herself, to shut the door. Jeffrey had asked questions, but America had simply ignored him. She opened her mouth and the story poured out. She had truly put on quite a show, and was actually quite proud of herself. She had a worried face plastered upon her face, tears burning her eyes, and her body quivering from the fake anxiety. This was all in hope to get him off her tracks of the murder. It  had gone off for nearly five minutes, but it's had felt like hours.

-"Jeffrey I have something to tell, you it's very important", she said in a worried tone, (faked of course).

-"Yes what is it my queen", he responded in a calm tone.

-"Jeffrey I know who the killer is!
It's Kriss Ambers! I know it is! I saw her run out of the palace the day of the murder, and I am sure she has something to do with this", she belched out.

Jeffrey her noble guard, immediately got backup. Kriss was now a wanted criminal according to the her highness, and had to be contained. When the guards arrived to the small room where they were located, they all walked in unison to caste three, where her enemy would be. Revenge was sweet, America thought, revenge was sweet.

Kriss

I heard a knock at the door. It was loud, and clear, it still ringed in my eardrum. I wondered who it could have been, but no name came to mind since I had not seen my friends in a long time. Slowly I walked from the kitchen where I was cutting a piece of cake, to the entrance of the house. Who could it be? Part of my heart wanted it to be Maxon, but we wasn't spoken since the Selection. Secretly, I had always loved him, but destiny had different plans for both of us. Another came at the door. Knock! Sweat was dripping from my brow, and my body was as tense as a board. I was starting to fear what was lying ahead. Finally I came to a stop. The door was now straight ahead. I placed my hand on the cold knob , and turned it fast. The door swung open. Guards!

-" Excuse the disturbance Miss Ambers, but you are under arrest for the murder of Maxon Schrieve"

-" What are you talking about", I screamed at them.

-"I don't understand", I said in a worried tone.

Standing before me was an army full of guards. With my sign of resistance to shut the front door, they took out their weapons. I screamed. Every ounce of my body was being attacked by her highness's renforcements, and my body was put to the ground. They handcuffed my wrists, and brought me up to directly shove me inside the car. I was being arrested! Why?! I hadn't done anything wrong ?! Why were they arresting me?!!

-"LET ME GO ", I yelled.

-"LET ME GO"

-" I DIDNT DO IT", I screamed.

I thrusted myself to the window, conscious of the fact that the car was rolling. With the right momentum she thought I could do it. The weight of my body dragged me down, as I shattered the side window.Pain hit almost instantly. Cuts gushing with blood appeared all over, and bruises were sure going to come later on. I felt my body pulsing. What am I going to do?! Where am I going to go?! Nobody is going to help a wanted criminal! I was in the middle of the concrete street in caste 3, and experiencing a large amount of pain. Probably from the fall I thought. Guards all around me, gathered like a pack of wolfs. Guns out, fear showing in their eyes, they were going to attack. They were the predator, and I was the prey. I was hopeless.

-" Kriss Ambers return to the vehicle, or we will fire", they said.

I got up eventually but it took a while since I was in a ridiculous amount of pain. Then the guards shoved me once again in the black vehicle, and I was powerless. I didn't even do anything wrong?!! Why was I arrested?! I don't understand???! For the second time, the car rolled in the streets of caste three.

All Kriss could think about was the suffering coming ahead